Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Question about a user role

Posted 12-23-2020 08:54

Hi- I am working with a Digital Marketing Agency and they are going to help  set up tracking with Google analytics and our distinct URLs so we can track registrations that come in from various marketing sources. If they need access to do this kind of work and i am assuming to weblinks within events, do I need to make them administrators or is their another type of user i can assign them too so they will have access to areas needed for this work. 

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Debra Becker
    Senior Marketing Director, IDG Events
    IDG Communications, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Question about a user role

Posted 12-29-2020 13:10

There are some great pointers on how to set up google analytics on your account https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000002980 I think if you feel comfortable you could just ask for the google code from the agency you are working with and not add another admin. 

Courtney Riley
    Digital Marketing Technical Supervisor
    CNC Software, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Question about a user role

Posted 12-30-2020 08:43
      |   view attached

Hi Debra,

There's really no need for them to access your Cvent instance; they can simply provide you with the code and you can enter it appropriately. Attached is a screenshot of the "old" Cvent back end to show you where to find it so that you can enter the Google Analytics code yourself. Hope this helps!

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.