Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  How have you used CLICK?

Posted 10-09-2019 14:14

Just want to know how you or your clients have used the CLICK feature in the app. I just did an event and found it hard to monitor and also our attendees had trouble uploading photos.  We were going to do a prize for the person who was a the top of the leaderboard, but with 1600 people we had to keep monitoring if their photos actually matted the challenges and it just became overwhelming.  They were to get a prize at the end, but we had to change our thought process and combine that with some other elements to get a winner. 

I love the concept, so I want to hear about some success stories. 

#EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Tracy Mitchell
    Account Executive
    Liaisons Meetings & Incentives

• 2.  RE: How have you used CLICK?

Community MVP
    Posted 10-10-2019 08:46
    Hi @Tracy Mitchell! I just had a meeting with Cvent UX this week and I am happy to tell you that I was AMAZED at the enhancements coming to the Game and Click features! 

I have used CrowdCompass for 4 years, configuring the Event Guide and highly customizing both Game and Click.

Any kind of "photo only" challenge which requires a specific answer to be "right" is going to require manual monitoring. I focus my gamification on NETWORKING and driving traffic to sponsors/exhibitors.

I simplify my prize awards by giving the prizes to the top 3-5 on the leader board in Game. I then award the top 5 - 10 in Game. The points accrue throughout the event and once someone reaches the top # of points, that's it - very simple. 

When it comes to "right answers," it might be more useful to use Inquisium. I also use in-session Live Polls which have been very effective. 

I WILL tell you that I saw the ability to set start and end dates on Challenges (Achievements) and individual goals under (under Challenges) is VERY EXCITING! 

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: How have you used CLICK?

User Group Member
    Posted 10-10-2019 10:58
    We have used Click since 2016 for all our events and customize the challenges/badges to help enable attendees to network somewhat less awkwardly, explore the surrounding area, highlight what they are learning, and just have fun at the event.

My experience is that we have three types of engagement, the small group of hardcore players that will jam through everything before the end of the event, the casual player that will lose momentum thinking that they will never win and the ones who are playing for fun. For those who finish all the badges, they are entered into a drawing for a prize. I will have my staff review the photos of just those individuals to see if they met the challenge and will disqualify any who didn't (like the person who uploaded the same photo for 10 things or googled and uploaded a photo instead of taking one onsite). For the casual player, we choose a few "photos of the day" to highlight in the daily email and add to the general announcement opening slide show before the general session starts and give those people a $5 Starbucks card.

A year ago I had an attendee ask if she would get anything for finishing a badge and because of that feedback, we have created buttons that match the badge images and when they finish, they show the grayed out badge to my registration staff in exchange for a button they can add to their lanyard. I work with educators and they LOVE bling to add to their lanyards and badges. That inexpensive add of buttons increased by engagement by an additional 30% overall.

Mia McLaughlin
    Sr. Event Coordinator
    Northwest Evaluation Association