Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-19-2020 14:30
    Hey I am new to Cvent and I am trying to figure out the best way to go about using custom fields with a drop down or radio buttons and having the Other option be an open text. I am also okay using conditional logic  IF Tag IS EQUAL TO "Other" SHOW "Please describe"  

For example: 

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ryan Murphy
    Independent Sector

• 2.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-24-2020 10:13
    Hi Ryan,

I hope you are well! Based on the above, you plan to use Custom Contact Fields, correct? It is a bit tricky to offer an "Other" option here, as the Advanced Logic section will only be available if the field type is a choice, not necessarily open-ended. Within Registration Questions, it often includes Other or N/A as a default option, so you could consider using questions instead of custom fields. We typically suggest using questions for event-specific information, whereas custom fields can be used for contact-specific information that should carry from event to event. 

Another suggestion if you do want to use Custom Contact Fields is to simply have a separate open-ended field with instructional text guiding the invitee to fill it out if their tag is not listed.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent