Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Restrict editing rights on contact level

Posted 10-15-2020 09:29
    Hi there,

we have one shared address book for several event managers. Although we are all very catious - accidents happen. Especially when you are importing a batch of several hundred contacts.

Is there a way to only give writing permission for contacts belonging to a specific contact group to those users that are allowed to view this group?

Users cannot see these groups without permission, however what they can do is overwrite a contact on someone elses group by using a wrong source ID.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
    #Miscellaneous

• 2.  RE: Restrict editing rights on contact level

Community MVP
    Posted 10-22-2020 16:22
    I'm really curious about the answer for this and am hoping someone can provide a response? Cvent staff?

------------------------------
    Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Restrict editing rights on contact level

Cvent Staff
    Posted 10-23-2020 18:42
    HI Henning,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to limit the ability to override information from an upload. Even if you have Contact Segementation turned on, people will still be able to upload information into the address book. I would recommend turning off the ability to import for certain people if this is something that happens often. 

I also would encourage you to post this feedback in the "ideas" tab of the community, so our product team can see it directly.

Thank you!

Erica Wise
    Lead Client Success Advisor