Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple events within one Flex event

Posted 10-15-2019 16:56
    Has anyone built a Flex event with multiple event locations? I need to build a registration site that will allow attendees to register for a specific location but I'm not sure how to start. I am limited to a single Flex site.

I know I will likely need to create multiple registration paths and invitation lists but would appreciate seeing how anyone else has tackled this. I don't want to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Would anyone be willing to share how you handled this?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Wendy Derblich
    Event Planner
    Bayer

• 2.  RE: Multiple events within one Flex event

User Group Member
    Posted 10-16-2019 09:27
    Hi Wendy,
    We have created a site for road shows, in which there are a series of road show, spanning over a 3 month period, and we utilized SESSIONS within the registration.
    Each session represented the location/date of a specific road show.  
    Another way you can accomplish this is to utilize registration types - with each reg type being unique to each event.

Hope this helps!
    Susan

Susan Smith
    Event Technology Administrator
    Motorola Solutions, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Multiple events within one Flex event

Posted 10-16-2019 09:44
    Thanks so much for sharing how you've tackled this, Susan!

I haven't used sessions before so will explore that as an option; otherwise, it sounds like I'm on the right track with a separate registration type for each event.

Out of curiosity, which option would be more work in terms of creating a registration website - sessions or registration type?

Wendy Derblich
    Event Planner
    Bayer Business Services GMBH

• 4.  RE: Multiple events within one Flex event

Posted 10-17-2019 10:56
    Hi Wendy,

I have seen many clients accomplish the "umbrella event" structure of an event through Sessions as Susan mentioned. I would recommend utilizing this rather than Registration Types, as this allows you to specify the date/time with each "event," and you can even use our Session Email feature to send out specific communication based on the event registrants.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Multiple events within one Flex event

Posted 10-18-2019 16:54
    Thanks for this recommendation, Danni. I ended up using Registration Types as I needed to get the invitations out (first event is happening Nov 4th).

Is there a good tutorial on Sessions that you can recommend? I definitely would like to see how to use Sessions for a future series of events as different Registration Types have proved to be quite a tedious production!

Wendy Derblich
    Event Planner
    Bayer Business Services GMBH