Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Using the SOAP API to access session registration and attendance data

Posted 09-19-2019 17:36
    We are working with the Cvent SOAP API. We see how to access all sorts of basic data, including session data and invitee data, but we cannot seem to find anything that explains how we can get data on which registrants are registered for which sessions and which attendee attended which sessions. How do we view that data via the API?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    David Hammond

• 2.  RE: Using the SOAP API to access session registration and attendance data

Posted 09-26-2019 15:18
    I use this source when I need to know what report to pull: http://www.cvent.com/Surveys/Welcome.aspx?s=0e516977-a54d-4ea0-a6c5-5c08db1e6009. Hope this helps!

Melissa Thuston
    Sr. Corporate Meeting and Event Planner
    Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Using the SOAP API to access session registration and attendance data

Posted 09-26-2019 16:09
    Thanks, Melissa, but I am trying to get to data via the API rather than a report. Hopefully someone out there uses the SOAP API to access event session registration and attendance data.

David Hammond
    Digital Business Experience & B2B Content Manager
    Intel Corporation

• 4.  RE: Using the SOAP API to access session registration and attendance data

Posted 09-27-2019 11:51

Hi David,
    We push every Cvent event into our CRM, Salesforce, via Salesforce Campaigns. So, for example:

Event A in CVENT
    Event A in Salesforce Campaign with Campaign statuses of sent, opened, registered, declined, no show, unsubscribe

This history then shows on the individual Contact screens in Salesforce, and I can create a Contact report with Campaign status, or a Campaign report with Contacts, to see who has attended what. And of course, because it's a Salesforce campaign, my sales team can see at a glance who is registered for an upcoming event, and who has maybe opened the event invite but hasn't registered - and they call to follow up and personally invite.

Hope that helps!

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates