Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cvent Newbie Who Is Totally Lost

Posted 07-26-2021 07:40
    Hello Cvent community! I'm on the conference planning committee for a mid-sized regional education conference. We recently decided to host our conference fully virtually, and will be using Cvent as the platform for the conference. We use a separate registration system, but plan to use Cvent to create a conference website to host concurrent sessions in virtual "rooms" (using Cvent's built-in Zoom capabilities). We will also have virtual poster sessions, and would like to have a message board for attendees as well.

I'm just trying to get started building out the website, but although I've managed to create a fake conference event and several fake sessions with the built-in Zoom links, I can't figure out how to build out the website at all. For example, when I use the Site Designer under Website & Registration > Event Website, I see that it lists out the agenda; but how do I link the sessions I've created to the agenda so that attendees can access them? And I haven't even begun to try to figure out the Attendee Hub! I've been watching the videos in the Cvent Academy, but they're all so focused on events with registration happening through the website, which does not apply to us.

I consider myself a relatively tech-savvy person, but despite the hours I've spent playing around in my Cvent account, watching training videos, and browsing around the Cvent community site, I feel no closer to understanding how any of this works than I was initially. Does anyone know of a useful set of resources for brand new people looking to build an all-virtual conference with no built-in registration?

Thanks!
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Liz S
    Northeastern Educational Research Association

• 2.  RE: Cvent Newbie Who Is Totally Lost

Community MVP
    Posted 07-26-2021 11:49
    We don't have any virtual events so I can't help you there, but...
    I would use Flex since Classic is going away.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Cvent Newbie Who Is Totally Lost

User Group Member
    Posted 07-27-2021 09:40
    Hi Henry,

We use Cvent as our main registration platform so I can't help with your scenario. 
    Have you contacted your Cvent Client Success Advisor? They have been incredibly helpful to us, and would likely be able to set a call (or more) with you to discuss your questions/issues/best practices. 
    If you're not sure who you CSA is, check with you Cvent Account Manager. 

Hope you get the assistance you need!

Sophie Pierronnet
    Education & Training Manager
    Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Cvent Newbie Who Is Totally Lost

Posted 07-27-2021 09:47
    Hi Henry,

Sophie mentioned exactly what I was going to share with you - I have reached out to your Account Manager who has put in a request with our Client Services team for you. They will be able to connect with you over the phone to discuss this more in-depth and make sure you have a full understanding of what's possible and any best practices working towards your virtual event. 

You should be hearing from someone soon, but in the meantime I or member of our Client Services team will also follow up here with some additional resources since you mentioned you have already reviewed training.

Let me know any additional questions, I am happy to pass them on internally so the call you will get set up is as productive as possible. :) 

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent