Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cvent Membership Module

Posted 08-07-2020 11:52
    Hello,

I work for a non-profit professional association and we use many of cvent's products that relate to events( abstract management, passkey, crowd compass, etc.). However, I was wondering if any of you are using their membership module. Our primary role is as a professional association and we have members and different types of memberships. We are not very happy with the company we are with at the moment and were thinking of possibly switching out.

If any of you use it, can you please give me some insight of your experience, how long you've had it along with the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't only want to know if it's good, but also if you've had a negative experience and why.

TIA!
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Maly De Jesus
    Exhibits & Sponsorship Coordinator
    Pilates Method Alliance

• 2.  RE: Cvent Membership Module

User Group Member
    Posted 08-10-2020 06:54
    Hi Maly, 

We have used the Membership Module for over 8 years for an annual software renewal process.  It's been very effective in providing us with an efficient way to notify customers when they are up for renewal and allowing them to renew seamlessly.   It allows us to manage this process within our database (rather than maintaining 2 systems), which is very useful.  However, it does not receive routine updates like many other Cvent modules.  Overall, it works well for us, though not in the traditional sense that you may be looking to implement it.

Happy to connect if you want to discuss further!

Heather Darrow
    Conference Coordinator
    Cornell University - Department Of Animal Science

• 3.  RE: Cvent Membership Module

User Group Member
    Posted 08-10-2020 09:56
    Hello,

I believe the Membership Module is available for use only with events created in Classic. I don't know if something similar to the Membership Module will be developed for Flex. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Monica Mercado
    UTeach Institute
    The University of Texas at Austin

Monica Mercado
    Junior Operations Coordinator
    The Commons Learning Center at The University of Texas at Austin

• 4.  RE: Cvent Membership Module

Community MVP
    Posted 08-14-2020 14:31
    Hi Maly-

We have used the membership module for many years, however, the module was created for corporate membership programs, not for associations with memberships. The biggest issue we have with the product is that it has not been updated in probably 10 years. Additionally, the reporting capabilities are hugely limited. We had to create custom reports with additional custom contact fields that we had to manage to give our clients the reporting capabilities.

I am a Cvent user of over 14 years, and I have some pretty glaring observations of the product due to the years I have been using it. If you want to chat about these, I am happy to discuss with you. You can send me an email at lindsay.buchanan@travelink.com or give me a call at 615-277-5163. I want everyone to be setup for success not failure and this is one of those features you need to get all the information before you make a decision.

Thanks,

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink

• 5.  RE: Cvent Membership Module

Posted 08-17-2020 13:23

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate. After reading all your feedback, we have decided to not further investigate this module. What we currently have is full of bugs and issues, lack of reporting, etc. Cvent was appealing since it would

Have brought together two of our most important pieces: membership and our annual conference, but based on the feedback received, it doesn't seem like it will be a good fit. Perhaps in the future if they decide to do updates we can try again. Thanks again for your time and honest opinions, they really make a difference.

/Users/malydejesus/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1965838312

Maly De Jesus

Exhibits & Sponsorship Coordinator
    Pilates Method Alliance

t: 305.573.4946 ext 209
    e: 
    maly@pilatesmethodalliance.org

Miami, FL 33161

The Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) is the not-for-profit professional association dedicated to the Pilates field. Our mission is to advance Pilates as a profession and to promote and perpetuate the teachings of Joseph H. and Clara Pilates. 
    Confidentiality Notice: This email and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary information. If you are not an intended recipient (or person responsible for delivering the message to such person), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited.