Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Home Page - its changed again!

Posted 07-19-2021 17:25
    Has anyone built a website today? the Home page is completely different! Where do you preview the reg site while you are building it? How do you launch a website? It used to be so easy
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Angela Grove Armstrong
    Senior Meeting Planner
    Zimmer, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Home Page - its changed again!

Community MVP
    Posted 07-22-2021 14:18

@Angela Grove Armstrong, I feel your pain. I am not ready for the "New Experience" interface. I have too much to do and it is slowing me down. So although I switched, I was able to SWITCH BACK to the Classic experience.

Try logging out and logging back in. ​You CAN switch back at any time. I am trying to remember how I switched back. I think I had a link or a tiny dialogue box for "Classic Experience" somewhere at the top of the default page that I see when I log in.

Check out this Introducing Our New User Experience article.

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000091968&

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Home Page - its changed again!

Cvent Staff
    Posted 07-22-2021 17:51
    Edited by Farah van Caloen 07-22-2021 17:51
    Hi Angela and Brenda,

First, thank you both for your feedback. We understand that when our platform gets updated it brings new learnings to your day-to-day, and we want to make sure we can set you up for success moving forward.

I did want to clarify that there are two aspects of Cvent's new experience being mentioned here – one on the account-level and one on the user-level until the account transitions over entirely. Brenda, you had mentioned that you had seen the option to switch back to the classic experience at the top of your page, however, the banner will go away once your entire account adopts the new experience. For users like Angela, your entire account has fully switched over at this time.

Angela, to guide you through the questions you mentioned:

• You can preview your registration on the homepage > Registration card > Select the overflow menu > Click Preview.
    • Launching a website can be done through the Feature Status card at the top of the homepage > Website > Select the dropdown button > Click Go Live.

We are actively investigating the preview and launch actions as we know they are critical to your success. We plan on making them more intuitive to find to make sure that building and launching events with Cvent is easier than ever.

While you continue to learn the new experience, be sure to explore the Knowledge Base for helpful articles and use the 'Refine By Experience' filter on the left to review the most relevant content for you.

Please let me know any questions!

Best,

Farah

Farah van Caloen
    Senior Manager, Product Marketing
    Cvent