Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  uploading data via Cvent template

Posted 03-24-2020 20:55
    sample of csv to upload for data.
    Above is the template that I downloaded from Cvent for entering data and then obviously uploading to our event.  The event is actually a series of classes/sessions.  

We already have created ALL the sessions, with all the data, setup etc except for a few things I want to modify.  
    If you look towards the end of the grid, there are custom fields, Zoom Link, BOX link, the other two not as important. My question is this, if I populate the corresponding data(Orange being the required items per the document template from Cvent) with the session's name, type, startdate time, and end date time, and then finally the Links(zoom and box) will Cvent be smart and not allow duplicates or will it add these sessions, times etc thus creating duplicates?  The idea, hopefully to see here, is to link the links to their respective sessions.

Help!

#Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Sean Lake
    Epic Games, Inc.

• 2.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Posted 03-26-2020 09:35
    Hi Sean,

I hope you are well and staying safe during these times! You will be glad to hear you are able to use a Session Import to simply update your existing Sessions and not allow for duplicates. In order to do so, you need to include the Session Identifier (ID) field within your Excel File, which acts as the Session's unique identifier. This will populate for you once you export your Sessions through Event Details > Sessions > Select all > Actions drop-down > Export. 

Once you export, you can combine the new fields and the Session ID field into one clean Excel file. Then, return to Cvent to complete the Session Import process. Here is a great article walking through the steps, as well: Importing Sessions 

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Community MVP
    Posted 03-26-2020 11:44
    Hi Danni,

Can links be added in Flex?  If not, when will we have that ability?

Thanks!

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 4.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Posted 03-27-2020 10:05
    Hi Loretta,

There is not a default "hyperlink" button within the Session Description field, however we have found that if you simply copy and paste the full link containing HTTPS it will render correctly on your website.

Always worth testing this out to ensure you have copied it in full.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Community MVP
    Posted 03-27-2020 10:50
    HI Danni,

Thank you for your reply.  I apologize I wasn't clear.  Can links be added in the import?  I noticed the columns in Sean's snip.

thanks!

Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW

• 6.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Posted 04-07-2020 08:28
    Hi Loretta,

Apologies for my delay! I had this tested for you and it does not appear to render the links. I will keep you updated if that changes or if updates are made to Flex that allow hyperlinks by default.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 7.  RE: uploading data via Cvent template

Community MVP
    Posted 04-07-2020 11:03
    Danni,

I appreciate the testing and reply.