Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Salesforce App - Updating Cvent Contacts

Posted 01-15-2020 11:36
    We integrated our first event using the Salesforce App, imported 12K contacts from Salesforce and scheduled nightly sync.  The matching criteria successfully linked all contacts via contact stub. Updates to mapped fields are propagated to Salesforce as expected, campaign statuses are working, and everything seems fine.

However, every time a mapped field for any of the 12K linked contacts is updated in Salesforce, the nightly sync overwrites it with the old value in Cvent.  As a result, we're losing data. Looking at the documentation, the only option I see is to re-import and update Cvent contacts manually on a recurring basis.  What am I missing?  How are others keeping contact data sets synced?
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Eduardo Ruiz
    CIO, ASPPH

• 2.  RE: Salesforce App - Updating Cvent Contacts

Posted 01-21-2020 11:16
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 07-31-2023 15:13

Hi Eduardo,

I hope you are well! The integration pulls information from Cvent to update the Salesforce contact, and it does not automatically flow both ways. If you would like to update information in the Salesforce contact and have it update in the Cvent contact, as well, you can update it first in Cvent and when the integration pushes the data it will update in Salesforce. You can also re-import the contacts into Cvent.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent