Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In person events

• 1.  In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 08-26-2021 17:18
    For those doing in-person events, Anyone? Anyone?
    is anyone requiring vax cards?
    or negative test results?
    How to confirm?

One stakeholder has suggested for our attendees to wear wristbands to show their comfort level around people.
    Stay 6 feet away to it's OK to hug.
    My feeling is if you aren't comfortable being around people just yet, stay home!

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-26-2021 17:29
    Steven, 

Our return to in-person events is a month away. 

As of now, we are not requiring vaccination or proof of same. We may ask people to certify that they are vaccinated or they agree to wear a mask indoors. 

We have maximized our event spaces to keep people as far apart as possible. The hotel will have individually-wrapped sections for food instead of the usual open buffet. 

We also, as a registration question, asked for people's comfort level -- Red meaning no contact and six feet away, hello meaning fist or elbow bumps and three feet away, and green meaning "wide open". We are using big color "dots" from Office Depot to put on their name tags. 

We are also distributing some guidelines about using sanitizer stations, respecting attendees' colors and if they have any symptoms to stay in their hotel room. We will also have on hand disposible 3-ply masks and several antigen rapid tests for anyone that would like one. 

Surprisingly, our group is registering as 72% green and 23% yellow. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Edd Schillay
    Director of Operations
    The Trial Network

• 3.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 08-26-2021 20:42
    @Edd Schillay Our event is in November on Hilton Head Island, SC.
    Our Board of Directors will decide mid-Sept what to do.

If I need to identify comfort levels I will print them on the name badges in the form of a color stripe. We've been adding printed 'ribbons' to the name badges for a couple years. the process is pretty easy. Dots are a good idea for those who don't answer the question until on site.

At least one of our dinners will be outside providing there is no hurricane. :)
    Total attendance should be between 600-700.

We had an in-person event in Monterey, CA mid-August. Approximately 350 attendees and +3000 spectators. Very close contact.
    We have branded sanitizer that we give out. We bring masks and bring as many home.

Good luck. Please update this thread.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-27-2021 08:46
    Steven,
    We are requiring vaccine proof to attend conference 4000 + attendees. We plan to use the Clear Health Pass app for attendees to upload their vaccination information.  We will provide wrist bands of various colors based on comfort level. These will be available to attendees as an option based on their preference.  Other conferences have recommended placing wrist band on lanyard w/name badge to easily view at glance vs trying to find on someone's wrist.  The city for our meeting is also under mask mandate, expect to be in place at conference time as well.

Sherry Mountford
    Sr Director Tradeshow Events
    Asembia

• 5.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 08-27-2021 12:31
    Sherry,
    It gives me chills (goosebumps) that as planners we are faced with this.

If we go this route I'll add a color stripe to their name badge.
    Similarly as I do to denote, Staff, Executive Board, Sponsor, etc.

Our events have a mix of technology challenged members. Although they all managed to register without asking me for help this time. :) I attribute it to flex being mobile friendly. I don't want to be the one at the registration table when someone walks up refusing to comply. I'll be hiding in my workroom. :)

I'll look into Clear Health Pass. Thank you.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-27-2021 13:27
    Hi, Steven!

We are pushing forward with an in-person event in New Orleans in October. Fingers crossed we won't go virtual.

We have stayed away from marking the name badges or providing wrist bands or anything else you've seen come into the event planning field since COVID. One because of the cost (we are a small, non-profit) and two similar to what you stated, if people are comfortable, they will come, if they are not, they won't.

Here are some details from our announcement:

The associations have announced new protective measures for the on-site convention - proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, as well as masking and social distancing to be enforced at the convention.

The policy aligns with New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell's Aug. 12 announcement of vaccination/negative test requirements for the city's restaurants, bars and other venues, including Caesars Superdome.

To attend the convention, you must use the convention's registration platform to upload visual proof of vaccination or a negative result to a COVID-19 test dated Oct. 11-14, within 72 hours preceding the start of the convention.

No on-site registration will be offered as part of our safety protocols. Register and submit your materials on our registration platform, and read, approve and submit the code of conduct when you receive it.

The vaccination image may be a photo of your completed vaccination card, or it may be an image of vaccination verification from a healthcare provider, educational institution or vaccination passport service or app, such as Common Pass. 

On this image, your name and test result/QR code must be clearly visible, and it must be uploaded to the registration system prior to your travel. No materials will be accepted on site.

Ashley Tilley
    Convention and Membership Manager
    National Scholastic Press Association

• 7.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 08-27-2021 15:52
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 08-27-2021 15:53
    Ashley,
    Thanks for sharing. I've been told for our event that if someone shows up without their vax card, they do not get their name badge which means they can't participate in any events or food. We may need to hire bouncers. I really don't want to subject our volunteers verifying proof.

Are attendees uploading proof to cvent?

Side note. We had an event the week after Halloween in New Orleans (pre-COVID). We always arrives early for our events. We thoroughly enjoyed Halloween in NOLA.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 8.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-27-2021 16:02
    Edited by Ashley Tilley 08-27-2021 16:12
    I opted to build a form outside of CVENT for the code of conduct agreement and proof of submissions.

We often have groups of advisers submitting a registration for a large group of students. With CVENT, the process to get back in to update registration can be tricky for people I've encountered (although I don't find it all that tricky personally, but anyway.)

To avoid that disconnect between the person who registered and all the individuals actually registered with that same group having to individually submit their agreement and proof of vaccination, I built out a form in Wufoo (Survey Monkey).

This form acts as the collection point for the code of conduct agreement and proof of submissions that I will then compare to my registration list as the time nears. If you'd like to see the form, I can send it to you privately (to deter from random form submissions). I linked to this form in the CVENT registration confirmation email and made it very clear in there that everyone was requested to complete this step.

Hope it's as simple as I made it sound ;)

Oh, I also meant to add that we are not accepting any on-site registrations or proofs. If someone shows up unregistered or without proof, we've posted the information in as many places as possible x 10 and unfortunately, they will just be out of luck.

Ashley

Ashley Tilley
    Convention and Membership Manager
    National Scholastic Press Association

• 9.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 08-27-2021 16:18
    Ashley,
    I have a hard time getting people to go back and answer questions. Low priority on their list.
    We have used an external e-liability waiver and have had to match names to cvent. Very time consuming.
    I added an internal field and would import YES to those matching names.

This thread has been interesting.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 10.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-30-2021 13:27
    Hi Steven,

Is there a reason why you use an external e-liability waiver instead of the Terms & Conditions widget? Waivers have always been something our company has dealt with as we planning sporting tournaments. We used to partner with an external waiver software but it did ruin the reg experience as it was like the attendee had to fill out two registrations: one on Cvent and one on the waiver software. We are not using the terms and conditions widget but ideally would've like to capture a signature which isn't an option on the terms and conditions widget. It would also be great if they were able to integrate with a waiver software that handles mass registrations. 

Thanks,

Kevin Bedoya
    Event Technology Coordinator

• 11.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 09-02-2021 12:40
    @Kevin Bedoya (Do Not Contact for Billing purposes) When it comes to e-waivers, it may depend on the underwriter. We have an external e-waiver system where the program snaps a photo and requires a signature. When we use printed waivers, they must be printed in color.​

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 12.  RE: In person events

Community MVP
    Posted 10-06-2021 19:37
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 10-06-2021 19:37
    @Kevin Bedoya (Do Not Contact for Billing purposes) Our e-waiver must be approved by our insurance company and their underwriters. When someone signs the e-waiver, actually 2 e-waivers, one for covid and the other is a liability release it is associates with a photo of the signer. I'll shoot you a message who we use for our Motorsport events.

Just read where I repeated myself. :)

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 13.  RE: In person events

Posted 10-06-2021 13:34
    Hi Ashley,
    Can you kindly share with me, the form you created? We will be returning to in-class next year, and it would be good to have certain things in place to make the experience easier for all involved. thanks for your time.

Adilean Yearwood
    Program Coordinator
    Drew University - Office of Events

• 14.  RE: In person events

Posted 08-30-2021 12:35

We've returned to hybrid style meetings. Our monthly meetings are small (less than 100) with a regular selection of Silicon Valley executives. 

We've added a registration question requesting the registrant's vaccination completion date but aren't verifying beyond that. We considered asking about comfort level as well, but we figured the RED would register for the online attendance and the yellows would self manage. 

We are also requiring masks, keeping folks distanced, etc. 

Sean Daniel
    Member Services Manager
    Telecom Council (Previously - Kerton Group)

• 15.  RE: In person events

Posted 10-12-2021 09:05
    I have seen clients handle this a variety of ways. Some have required attendees to show their vax card at the door. I also have seen a networking event do a red light, yellow light green light setup. Red was please stay 6 feet away and we can talk, yellow was come as close as you want but no hand shake, green was hugs, hand shakes, do what you want. 

Phil Hartmann
    HelmsBriscoe
    Manager, Global Accounts
    phartmann@helmsbriscoe.com

Phil Hartmann
    HelmsBriscoe - USA & Canada