Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-10-2020 18:42
    Is it possible to transfer a registration to another event?  For example I have registrants that can no longer attend an event this month but would like to attend an event later in the year.  I would like to transfer that registration to the other event without having them complete another registration.  You could easily do this in RegOnline but is this possible in CVENT?  TIA!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jennifer
    Director of Marketing & Events
    Saltzman Associates

• 2.  RE: Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-10-2020 20:54
    I suppose it's possible. Not sure what you would do regarding any questions.
    Are there fees involved?

Importing Registrations

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-10-2020 21:20
    No fees involved.  Its actually the exact same event, we do one in the Spring and one in the Fall for this particular topic.  Different location but same format.  So all info and questions could be transferred over to the new event and then hotel selection made.  In RegOnline, which is where we transitioned from, it was an action item and it would ask you what optional information like answers to questions you wanted to transfer.  I was hoping there was some way to do this without unregistering and then registering them again.  With the spread of the Coronavirus and the travel bans, we are shifting registrants to events later in the year.   Any suggestions to make this process easier are welcome.  Thanks!

Jennifer
    Director of Marketing & Events
    Saltzman Associates

• 4.  RE: Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-11-2020 14:29
    Since it's the same exact event, I'd just change the dates and let them unregister if they need to cancel. That's what we did a few years ago.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-16-2020 07:59
    There are ways to export the current registration(s) and import into the other event, although something of a pain. 

If fees are involved, there is no way to move the money to the alternate event, so best in that case to just refund, cancel the reservation, and have them re-register in the new event.

Doug Gorrie
    Vp Membership
    ISACA - North Texas Chapter

• 6.  RE: Transferring registrations to another event

Posted 03-16-2020 09:24
    To save of transaction fees you can also consider payment credits.
    We changed the dates for one of our events and not refunding unless requested for our event that was just cancelled.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America