Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Allow attendees to sign up for alert when registration opens

Posted 01-27-2020 17:48
    Hello,

I'm creating a flex event where registration will open March 2nd. We already have customers contacting us trying to get more info about the event. I'd like to be able to direct them to our page to register for an alert for when registration actually opens, and so that I can capture their email address at the same time.

Is the best way to do this with two registration types? Pre-reg and final reg? 

Thanks for any advice!

#alerts #pre-registration #attendeesignup​​​
    #ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Kelly Delaney

• 2.  RE: Allow attendees to sign up for alert when registration opens

Posted 01-29-2020 15:14
    Hi Kelly,

Would you be directing the invitees to your website through a Cvent email? If so, an idea would be to re-work the Decline Form to act as a "Pre-Registration" or "Interested" survey. This would allow you to collect the basic contact information, and then set up a custom email to the audience of "Declined Invitees" to include the link or data tag to register when it officially opens.

The two Registration Types would not be the best solution because this is not something a registrant can change on their own. It would have to be done by you on the back-end in order to update their Registration Type to the proper one for when they officially register.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent