Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Not getting the password reset

Posted 03-04-2020 13:24
    Anyone have trouble getting a password reset link from CVENT - where does the mail come from? My team is not getting the mails and it's not in our junk folders. So I need to know what the address may be so our messaging team can find them.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    James Tella
    NBCUniversal

• 2.  RE: Not getting the password reset

Posted 03-04-2020 14:24
    Hi James,

I hope you are well! The password reset link comes from info@cvent.com. In addition to having your messaging team review this specific email address, you can also review this article regarding Whitelisting IP Addresses.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Not getting the password reset

Posted 12-28-2020 15:02
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 12-28-2020 15:52

I don't get the password reset, nor does one of our portal users. I don't think it's a whitelist issue since my home email doesn't block anything and work email receives cvent emails.

I'm going to open up a support ticket.

Fixed.

I needed to add the names under Report Portal -> Guests.

I was using the wrong usergroup.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Not getting the password reset

Posted 08-10-2021 15:12
    If this is for the access portal, I had opened a case about this. Most everywhere that has log ins will tell you if they can't find the username you submitted. Cvent doesn't, and they've said this is for security purposes. It causes a LOT of confusion though because it tells them they're going to get a re-set email that they'll never get, because they don't exist as users. Most cases they just aren't a guest under that portal yet, and they need to add themselves. This comes up a lot for us because our planners tend to assume it's a single sign on, but for us, it isn't. I tried to add helper text explaining it, but there's an extremely strict character limit on the password re-set page, so I couldn't. Definitely inconvenient.

Kelly Ohlert
    Manager of Operations, Groups
    Stryker