Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-19-2020 14:29
    I am new to Cvent - Is there a way to add a conditional logic to a drop down custom field. IF Tag IS EQUAL TO "Other" SHOW "Please Describe" (separate text field).
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ryan Murphy
    Independent Sector

• 2.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Community MVP
    Posted 02-19-2020 16:11
    In emails? You can do some conditional logic only in classic.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-19-2020 16:23
    Not emails - On the registration path.

Ryan Murphy
    Independent Sector

• 4.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-20-2020 08:53

Hi Ryan,

You should take a look in admin --> account --> custom contact fields --> click any field and go to the advanced logic tab. This will only help if you are ok with displaying both fields on the registration path and just want the values in the drop down to vary depending on what is selected in the first field. For example, I've set in my custom field for state/province different values to show up depending on what country you have selected.

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunityArticle?id=000021636

I do not believe there is a way to completely hide a field though if a certain value is selected in another field. For instance, if you wanted to hide your opt in statement (if it was a custom field) based on if an invitee selects United States as their country but if they select United Kingdom that field would show up.

Interested to hear if anyone has solved for this though in other ways. I think registration questions on the event level are more flexible with visibility logic if you can go that route.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 5.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-20-2020 09:18

Hi Evan,

Thanks for following up – I've played around and found that custom fields do not offer this type of functionality. However, if you create a choice question within the registration platform there is a functionality for Other and then they can type in if they choose that option.

My overall goal is have this field revert back to their contact profile – any ideas on how to do that?

Ryan Murphy

Manager

Independent Sector

1602 L Street NW, Suite 900

Washington, DC 20036

202 467-6152 direct

IndependentSector.org

• 6.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Community MVP
    Posted 02-20-2020 10:12
    Following. I love hearing solutions that are outside the box.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 7.  RE: Custom Fields - Conditional Logic

Posted 02-23-2020 16:32
    Hi Ryan,

I don't believe there is anyway for an event level registration question to tie back to a contact field. You could export the responses on the event level and then upload them into a different field against the contact level. It's a manual process but would be pretty quick to do.

It's possible to grab the event registration / survey questions via the APIs and then code a script to update that custom contact field. Probably not worth the effort, but just trying to brainstorm all the options here. Maybe the CVENT staff has some ideas as well, can't hurt to open a case.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc