Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  failed refunds

User Group Member
    Posted 03-23-2020 22:02
    I know that there was some guidance regarding the processing of refunds due to the COVID-19 virus and the higher than normal cancellation rate. Is there any way that information can be shared again? I have a handful of refunds that were processed about a week ago, and my guests still have not received their refund. I need to be able to give them some kind of answer or figure out a work around for them. 

Thanks
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amerigo Berdeski
    Administrator
    American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Arizona

• 2.  RE: failed refunds

Community MVP
    Posted 04-03-2020 13:29
    @Amerigo Berdeski, usually the anxiety about money/missing refunds is worse than the actual delay in issuing them. I would start by setting up and automating some emails to those to whom you have issued a refund. That can be done with an internal info field, or by pulling the data from reports. Check in with them weekly, ask if they have checked with their banking or credit card institution to see if the refund was credited to their account. You also may want to send your attendees a receipt for the refund to assure them YOU have done YOUR part.

Although you do the refund immediately, remember that banking and credit institutions often do these in "batch processes." They will queue up all the refunds for, example, a week, and then do them all in one process, often at night. This is load balancing, and it is a common practice among institutions.  ​

See this Refund KB article for some details. Here is a relevant bit:
    "While it varies depending on your merchant account and the cardholder's bank, refunds generally take 2-7 days to process. Your invitee will be receive an automatic payment notificationYou can also send the invoice/receipt manually to the registrant by going to Orders & Payments > Actions > Email This Page."

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States