Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Collecting Information Website vs. "Event" - Suggestions?

Posted 03-24-2020 09:51
    I need to create an "event" website for collecting information, not registering attendees per se.  I could really use some suggestions or ideas on the best way to set this up. 

Every summer, we ask our members to let us know which of their employees plan to attend training classes for the following year (2021 in this case).  We use this information to plan the number of classes we will need to provide.  

So, we need a way to collect the employee's name, and give them a list of training classes to choose from (like a list with check boxes).  

Any suggestions on the best way to set up the registration?
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Kim Abbott
    North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation

• 2.  RE: Collecting Information Website vs. "Event" - Suggestions?

Posted 03-24-2020 11:12
    If you don't need it to be a true event, you could just survey them if you are also an Inquisium user. If not, just put the event start date/time sometime in the future, and don't display it anywhere. You could set up the different events as sessions, or as a multi select question, depending on what you need to get out of it, and then turn off any of the hotel/travel features.​

Kelly Ohlert
    Supervisor Operations, Groups
    Stryker

• 3.  RE: Collecting Information Website vs. "Event" - Suggestions?

Posted 03-25-2020 12:11
    Thanks for the reply Kelly!  I decided to set up the classes as sessions without displaying the date and time.  I wish I could find a way to collect the information without the student's email address but I haven't found a good way to do that.  I really just need their name and company name.

Kim Abbott
    Staff Assistant
    North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation