Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Community MVP
    Posted 01-22-2021 11:26

One of my favorite posts that I've seen in the Community was the Cvent Hacks one. I learned a ton of great tips from it, such as using custom data tags. I wasn't familiar with using them but had an event this year where creating custom data tags helped me quite a bit.

Since so much has changed in Cvent and with how events are right now, I thought it would be interesting to do another #cventhack post.

A current favorite of mine is being able to save reports to an Access Portal while I'm creating the event. If you're not familiar with Access Portals, check out this article

I have a series of events that we do that are the same but held on different dates. When I create my initial event, I save the reports that I know I will need to share with others, such as the invitee and registrant details and the session registrants reports. I use that initial event as my template for the rest of them. Before I finish creating the events, I publish those saved reports to our Access Portal with titles that indicate which event the report is about. The needed reports are ready and waiting for my coworkers whenever they need them. Keep in mind that initially those reports won't have any data so you might want to come back and look at the reports later to make sure you're capturing everything correctly.

What #cventhack do you have to share? 

#ManagingEvents
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Ginger Swart
    Training Program Coordinator
    Electronic Theatre Controls, Inc.

• 2.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Community MVP
    Posted 01-25-2021 16:06
    I probably posted this before.

We still need to print name badges in the office prior to the event.
    Attendees can have multiple guests, with different last names.
    When I print my name badges, of course they are in alphabetical order.
    In the past I'd have to look at a report that listed the attendee and pull out the guest badges so I could group them together.

Now I use an internal field named sort. I also name it I-SORT so I remember that it is an internal field.
    Export all my attendees and guests.
    First Name, Last Name, Confirmation Number, Invitee/Guest, Primary Registrant, sort
    Sort by Primary Registrant (sort A/Z) and Invitee/Guest (sort Z/A}.

Then number each row beginning with 1 and so forth.
    Save to text and import back.

My badge also includes the sort number, usually a small font and gray. Really hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it.
    Or if I'm using perfed paper, the sort number later gets discarded.

Once all the badges are printed, I sort the badges by number.
    This groups them by attendee.

I have a small event coming up.
    I rubberband the groups together for easy distribution since in this case they are all arriving at the same time.

You can do a lot using internal questions.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Community MVP
    Posted 01-26-2021 14:29
    Unfortunately we are not using Flex but from what I learned attending webinars, one of the best tips is to create tags and I like the Access Portal

Andrea Timbes-Cox
    CRM Administrator & Lead Catcher
    Visit Fort Worth

• 4.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

User Group Member
    Posted 01-26-2021 16:16
    Ginger, Great topic!

I recently had to create a registration for parents to register their "kids" for a Learning Pod (basically a safe place for your kids to study/do virtual school while they work).  It was a challenge to do but the hack I learned was session importing. I had to import over 150 days and this was a GODSEND.  Big trick is to make sure you have the language set right.  We needed to be able to sort by MONTH and Date, so I made a few custom tags and BOOM - it worked!

Lesley Irminger
    University Events and Office of Communication Events Coordinator
    George Mason - Office Of University Events

• 5.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Community MVP
    Posted 01-27-2021 09:21
    #AttendeeHub hacks:

• Download the calendar file from the VAH for each session and send it to your Presenters along with the links for their sessions
    • You can use a 3rd party Zoom integration for language translation (called Interpretation). You can also create an email, I did the left in Spanish and the right in Portuguese, to send instructions on how to choose the language of choice on full Zoom collaborative sessions that included Zoom Interpretation
    • Need interpretation for a SocialLive Stream session? Set up a full Zoom collaborative session with interpretation, invite your attendees that need interpretation to THAT session, and you as the Host can full-screen the SocialLive stream from the VAH. Attendees see the stream from your shared screen and also get to listen in their local language.

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 6.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Posted 02-04-2021 12:43

A hack that I figured out recently is that I can edit the text in the calendar reminder by going to the "Add to Calendar" button in the website designer and adding text such as:
    When saving this appointment, make sure you update the reminder time.
    Please go back to your reminder email & click "Join Webinar" to enter, so that you do not have to re-register in Zoom.
    Should you have any login issues, please reach out to:  ContactName@yourcompany.com

Unfortunately you cannot update the reminder time with in Flex, or add data tags or a lot of text to this - but adding instructions definitely helps. Adding these features is something that is definitely on my wish list!

Michele Gebrayel
    Corporate Event Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 7.  RE: More of Your Best Cvent Hacks

Community MVP
    Posted 09-26-2021 17:37
    First, please UPVOTE this request to Create New Emails for Exhibitors idea. 

I held multiple trainings to help Exhibitors set up their Virtual Booths. #AttendeeHub #ExhibitorPortal 

Couple of hacks:
    1. I needed to email all exhibitors and Admins to invite them to the training and did not want to rewrite the 'welcome' email, which goes to all new Exhibitor Admins. So I created an Invitation List of Exhibitors so I could create a new Event level email to invite them to the training.
    2. Use the above-mentioned Invitation List to send them the Virtual Attendee Hub link in advance of opening it to the attendees so that they can check out their own booths. Note at the time of writing this hack (9/26/2021) there is no Exhibitor Booth Preview available.
    3. Create a PPT (uploading both here - check the attachments) to help Exhibitors make square logos for their Exhibitor booths and also the correct sized banners for their Exhibitor booths (virtual on both counts). Just go to View > slide master > and create one PPT with a custom square layout, and the next PPT with the rectangular banner layout (936w x160h).
    ​​​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States