Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  internal information question reporting field

Community MVP
    Posted 06-17-2020 21:49
    I need a reporting (new) where I can filter by sessions and include an internal information question.
    I've created one in the old reporting.

I want to move away from old reporting and use more of the new reporting.

There is the report Answer Details by Question which give me results of the questions. That won't work in this case.

I'm using it to import answers back into the internal information question.
    Based on what I want, not everyone will have an internal question answered, so the Details by Question report doesn't work.
    I'm using a Sessions Registrations report, but no option for internal information questions.
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: internal information question reporting field

Posted 06-18-2020 09:30

Hi Steven,

I don't know all the specifics of your use case, but I actually like to use a custom event report when I'm working with sessions. I like to have each session as it's own column and a Yes/No value, and I believe that's the only way to do so. You can also bring in internal information into a custom report.

Reporting --> Custom Reports --> Attendees

Then bring in your fields, you can either go into "registration information" drop down and have Sessions (ALL) or you can go into "sessions" and bring in each session into it's own column. "Internal Information" is also available in that drop down as well.

Just a suggestion, hope this helps.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 3.  RE: internal information question reporting field

Community MVP
    Posted 06-18-2020 09:46
    @Evan Ring, I created a report that way and it works for what I need. I was looking to use the new reporting. ​​ Figure I need to get used to them since eventually the old ones will be no longer available.

Thanks.
    Stay safe.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: internal information question reporting field

Community MVP
    Posted 06-23-2020 08:37
    Edited by Loretta Peterson 06-23-2020 08:42
    Hi Steve,

I believe if you go to Custom Reports (New) > Agenda Items - Registration Details report > open Data drop down menu (top right) > Change Report Data > Fields > Admin Internal Questions > click + sign next to the field you want to add to your report > Run.

To filter by session, go to Filters (right hand menu) > Edit Filters > toggle on Agenda Item Name > Apply.  You will see the Agenda Item Name under Fiiters.  Click the box next to the Agenda Item Name (which is the Session Name) to filter to your selected session.
    Loretta Peterson
    Event Associate
    CDW