Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Using Abstract Management and Speaker Resource Center for one event

Posted 04-09-2021 14:21
    Hello.   I have a client that would like to use Abstract Management for their Speaker Call for Proposals and then their event website will be built in Flex.   
    Once the abstracts have been approved, I want to be able to easily move all the speaker information along with their bios, CVs, photos, etc... to the event website and utilize the Speaker Resource Center so that the speakers can make needed changes to their session descriptions, upload their PPT and other resources.   
    Is this a possibility?   I have looked at a couple of articles and don't see anything.
    Has anyone done this before?   Seems like a logical sequence of events.
    Thanks,
    Julie
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Julie Vinson
    Sr. Conference Planner
    California State University - Sacramento

• 2.  RE: Using Abstract Management and Speaker Resource Center for one event

Posted 04-12-2021 09:55
    Hi Julie,

We have used the Abstract Management tool. This past Friday I moved all of these over into our event. I first rejected any submissions that did were not accepted. Then I did a bulk acceptance, created a location (if needed), created each session individually, (when doing this you will assign where the description source, location (again only if needed), and assign speakers a category (such as keynote, panelist, etc.). After you have done these steps you will need to schedule all of your sessions and publish the schedule.

Once you have published all of your speakers and sessions details will populate in your event. They will also populate in the Speaker Resource Center. All of your speakers and sessions will automatically be shown to attendees. If you do not wish to have this shown you can edit this in the speaker profiles and sessions.

This process did take a bit of time, but I hope as I use it more and more, just like anything it will become easier. I hope this helps!

Sarah Tuckerman
    Meetings Assistant
    Organizational Services, Inc.