Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Language for Code of Conduct

User Group Member
    Posted 02-09-2021 11:43
    I need to create a code of conduct for our upcoming virtual conference and am wondering if Cvent has drafted one that can be used as the framework and can be tweaked. Or if anyone on this forum can provide a link to a code that can be shared and used, that will also be helpful. Thanks!
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Monica Mercado
    Senior Events Program Coordinator
    The UTeach Institute at The University of Texas at Austin

• 2.  RE: Language for Code of Conduct

Posted 02-12-2021 13:01
    I did not find one on Cvent, but have found looking on college and university websites to be very good examples that I can build off of, there are some great ones that are already put in place. I see that you are a part of UT. Do they have a code of conduct for students? No need to re-invent the wheel and I think it helps to know of some that are already working. 
    I hope this helps!

Sarah Tuckerman
    Meetings Assistant
    Organizational Services, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Language for Code of Conduct

Posted 02-15-2021 08:40
    Hi Monica,

Here's the code of conduct we use for all of our events, both in-person and virtual:

This event is intended to honor, educate and entertain our best producers, and in order to make the experience as pleasant and rewarding as possible for everyone, anyone engaging in disorderly or unruly conduct at any time during this event may, at [Company Name]'s sole discretion, be excluded from the remaining events and activities and be asked to leave.

I hope this helps!

Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 4.  RE: Language for Code of Conduct

User Group Member
    Posted 03-04-2021 11:55

Thank you, Lauren! I really appreciate your feedback.

Monica Mercado
    Senior Events Program Coordinator | UTeach Institute | The University of Texas at Austin

e: mercado@uteach.utexas.eduo: 512-471-1377 | c: 512-775-5292

a: 103 W 24th Street, Stop G2550 | Austin, Texas 78712

w: uteach-institute.org | uteach.utexas.edu

We prepare teachers. They change the world.

A picture containing drawing  Description automatically generated

• 5.  RE: Language for Code of Conduct

Community MVP
    Posted 03-05-2021 12:14
    Ours has more specificity and is universal.

Code of Conduct: Our event is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), veteran or marital status, or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any event venue or platform, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter and other online media. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.

Loretta Peterson
    Events Associate
    CDW

• 6.  RE: Language for Code of Conduct

User Group Member
    Posted 03-05-2021 12:58

Perfect! Thank you, Loretta.

Monica Mercado
    Senior Events Program Coordinator | UTeach Institute | The University of Texas at Austin

e: mercado@uteach.utexas.eduo: 512-471-1377 | c: 512-775-5292

a: 103 W 24th Street, Stop G2550 | Austin, Texas 78712

w: uteach-institute.org | uteach.utexas.edu

We prepare teachers. They change the world.

A picture containing drawing  Description automatically generated  Graphical user interface, text, application  Description automatically generated