Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone in Greenville SC?

Community MVP
    Posted 08-23-2019 14:38
    There are training workshops/success groups in Charlotte NC and Atlanta GA.
    I'm in the middle of those two cities.

Anyone in Greenville, SC want to exchange ideas in person?
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: Anyone in Greenville SC?

Community MVP
    Posted 09-06-2019 08:22
    @Steve Schlossman, I'm in! Just make it on a good weather day so I can ride the motorcycle, and make sure we have flat, paved parking. Taking 500+ pounds of high center of gravity transportation on 2 wheels over gravel just...stinks. And good weather is appreciated, otherwise I can't lock my helmet on my bike. Rain will fill it and I'll end up dumping a soaking we bucket over my head for the ride home. 

I'm just northwest of Atlanta. I'd make a nice riding day out of it! ​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States

• 3.  RE: Anyone in Greenville SC?

Community MVP
    Posted 09-06-2019 21:05
    Edited by Kameron Kidd 01-18-2024 14:05
    Maybe cvent can look at clients in the Greenville SC vicinity and reach out to them?
    I can't justify driving to Atlanta for 1/2 day events. :)

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: Anyone in Greenville SC?

Community MVP
    Posted 09-09-2019 09:29
    @Steven Schlossman, in the Atlanta CSGs, we have discussed and suggested this many times. Cvent could probably poll our city locations and form a heat map. Or even just POLL us. We at the Atlanta CSGs have suggested that we can use one of our own corporate offices, such as the Siemens office off Windward Parkway in Alpharetta, which has meeting rooms and nearby restaurants for lunch. Most of the attendees at the last few CSGs I attended in Atlanta were from Outside The Perimeter North (OTP-N), and it was actually a lot harder for us to travel INTO Atlanta, with traffic, potential parking issues, etc. 

I think the question is: what is Cvent's goals when it comes to customers? Is it to have us attend classes on metro locations to increase our expertise in the software suite? Flex and even reporting seminars used to be free. It makes sense that Cvent is now charging for some education seminars: it helps offset the costs of running them and ensures attendees have "skin in the game" so that they show up.

The Power of Live and Together Now is REAL. I am hoping Cvent truly wants to connect Cvent users for networking in a meaningful way. I was hoping also that they'd appoint or request volunteers to be regional champions and host Cvent user gatherings on local places based on mapping technology - not just metro centers.

As an organizer of motorcycle riding and rock climbing groups on MeetUp.com, I especially used the mapping method to arrange multiple pickup points along a motorcycle ride. I'd start with a local Boston Coffee shop, set a second pickup location in Central Massachusetts, and then everyone could meet at a location convenient to them. I've had THREE pickup locations for rides in GA. If little ole me can do it, I'd think that Cvent could apply a technology and strategy to do something similar.

I think we USERS/Customers want to network frequently, meaningfully, and in person. It may be up to us, Steven, to make it happen.​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States