Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Supplier Network - used to be able to solicit RFP Audio Visual

Posted 12-26-2019 13:58
    We used this service successfully in the past to source Audio Visual suppliers and are now disappointing to see Cvent no longer supports this (only sleeping/meeting room suppliers).  That is really a shame- did the venues kill this service that was helpful to the customer/consumer side of the equation, or what?

We host an annual large Superconference at a large Venue and because Audio Visual is a very large component and venues have widely differing prices and options from in-house AV we like to be able to source from 3rd parties when it may be advantageous.  We did this several years ago via Cvent Supplier Network RFP and found a great 3rd party for that area where we had no local contacts (we know of other remote firms, but travel/shipping often makes it difficult for them if not local).

I for one would like to see this working again, our Cvent reg & survey fees are not trivial and this was a nice value add.

Meantime-  does anyone know of an alternate service I can use for this for a march 2020 convention (would need to know quickly as time will run out)

Thanks,  Garry
    #SourcingaVenue

------------------------------
    Garry Masters
    V.P. of I.T.
    Automotive Training Institute

• 2.  RE: Supplier Network - used to be able to solicit RFP Audio Visual

Posted 01-03-2020 15:24
    Hi Garry,

I believe what you are referring to was the Service Provider RFPs. These are no longer within the Supplier Network, however I would be happy to note this as feedback on your behalf. Additionally, we would suggest the utilization of Required Custom Questions to collect the necessary information through your other RFPs.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent