Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

• 1.  Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 03-18-2020 12:02
    Hello,

I canceled an event and we gave people the option to transfer their registrations and payments to a new event. I thought that I would do payment credits but it turns out that is only available for Classic and Express. All of my events are in Flex. Has anyone found a work around since payment credits won't be available until some time in the second half of 2020 for Flex?

Thanks!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Bridget McMahon
    PLACE Conference and Event Services Coordinator
    UW-Madison Professional Learning and Community Education (PLACE)

• 2.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 03-23-2020 11:58
    Hi Bridget,

You are correct that currently Payment Credits are not available within Flex events, and are on the roadmap for later this year. You could instead use personalized Discount Codes in your new event to allow the registrant to "transfer" their credit over. You can either send the invitee their personalized code and allow them to type it in, or you can set up an Advanced Filter by email address, name, etc. and enable it to auto-apply.

Please let me know if you have any initial questions with this potential solution!

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 03-25-2020 10:06
    I'll try that out. Thank you!

Bridget McMahon
    PLACE Conference and Event Services Coordinator
    UW-Madison Professional Learning and Community Education (PLACE)

• 4.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 05-07-2020 14:57
    Edited by Tom Waddell 05-07-2020 15:09

Original Message:
    Sent: 03-23-2020 11:58
    Subject: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Hi Bridget,

You are correct that currently Payment Credits are not available within Flex events, and are on the roadmap for later this year. You could instead use personalized Discount Codes in your new event to allow the registrant to "transfer" their credit over. You can either send the invitee their personalized code and allow them to type it in, or you can set up an Advanced Filter by email address, name, etc. and enable it to auto-apply.

Please let me know if you have any initial questions with this potential solution!

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 5.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Community MVP
    Posted 05-07-2020 21:50
    This just caught my eye as I have a flex registration going live very soon.
    Below is from a flex event. I didn't need to use payment credits but it's in the dropdown.
    Is this something else?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 6.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 05-08-2020 08:51
    Hi Steven,

Great catch there! I see you have Offline Payment selected as your back-end payment method - because that is only for financial tracking purposes, the Cvent system will still give you a thorough list including other credit card types, check, cash, payment credit, etc.

The functionality that is coming for Payment Credits in Flex is to automatically apply the credit to an invitee's registration, as it does in Classic today.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 7.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Community MVP
    Posted 05-08-2020 19:30
    Danni,
    I use payment credits and payments when I'm editing an attendee's registration so I don't have to refund by credit card and then charge their card. So I understand, I can still do that?

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 8.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 05-11-2020 14:54
    Hi Steven,

Yes, for manual refunds on the back-end, you are able to choose "Payment Credits" as the method and it will apply to the invitee's contact record in your address book. If you plan on manually refunding your invitees, this should work well for you!

For the others on this thread, if you are looking for an automatic application of Payment Credits, through the initial refund and/or then applied to future events, keep an eye out for the enhancement in Flex later this year.

Best,

Danni

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 9.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 05-12-2020 11:37
    Is it possible to apply rules to credits such that a person can only use them for certain events, or will it be available for anything they want to register for? I have separate budgets/events per client, and would need to restrict credits for certain clients to only their events...

Jennifer Blumig
    Owner
    Eventfullyyourz

• 10.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Posted 05-12-2020 14:19

Hi Jennifer,

Yes, in Classic events, you can control if Payment Credits should be automatically applied to an invitee's balance or not by Registration Path. If you already use Registration Paths to separate out your invitee experiences, this should be a great solution.

The functionality to auto-apply Payment Credits is being released in Flex later in the year, so once it is released we can confirm if there is any additional logic/ruling. 

Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Cvent

• 11.  RE: Work Around for Flex Payment Credits?

Community MVP
    Posted 04-25-2021 17:14

Dumb question.
    I see the selection to allow attendees to use payment credits,

Can I only allow refunds as payment credits, rather than back to the credit card?

Be nice if someone cancels they are refunded back to the credit card based on the cancellation policy.
    But if someone modifies their registration, the refund is in the form of payment credits so they can use   it towards another session.

We are looking to keep our credit card transaction fees to a minimum.

Beginning this year we are charging cancellation fees to offset transaction fees.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America