Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Event Emails - Website?

Posted 08-15-2019 05:30
    Good morning all.
    I have designed my website registration exactly how i want it. When invitees receive the email to sign up to my event - what will they see?
    Will they have to click a link which then takes them to the website to register for my event?
    Or is it possible that what i created in 'Website and Registration' appear via email?

Hope this makes sense - first time using C-Vent.

Thanks,
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Lucia Escobar
    Senior Executive Assistant
    CapVest Partners LLP

• 2.  RE: Event Emails - Website?

Posted 08-15-2019 08:42
    Hi Lucia,
    The question:  what will they see?   
    Once you have designed the email to invite people to register in the Promotion & Communication tab, usually the invitation email, send a test to yourself. The test will enable you to see what the invitees will see and if you do not like something, you can change it prior to sending the invitees a message to register. Within the event emails, there are many other email message templates which you can tailor for your event.

The question:  Or is it possible that what i created in 'Website and Registration' appear via email?
    If you prefer, you can send a communication directly to the invitee, outside of Cvent and you will use the URL of the event, which you can also find in the Promotion & Communication tab, within the Weblinks section. There are several URLs you can use to send the invitee to the event registration page.

It just depends upon what you would like to do.
    The interesting and amazing aspect of Cvent is that it is extremely easy to customization and  very flexible.

Eva L. Keidel
    Event Producer
    The Commons Learning Center at The University of Texas at Austin

• 3.  RE: Event Emails - Website?

Posted 08-21-2019 09:10
    HI, in response to this question:  Can i test to see what my weblink URL would look like before launching my event? I have tried a few things but the weblink itself is not working

The answer is yes. Click on preview in the event and you can see the various pages which you have created.
    In addition, you can preview each page to ensure that the details appear correctly to the public.

Then if you want to send your attendees to a specific page, you will want to create a weblink to that page and promote that URL.

Eva L. Keidel
    Event Producer
    The Commons Learning Center at The University of Texas at Austin