Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Test Events - Protocol

Posted 05-15-2020 09:47
    Hi there,

Does anyone have top tips or protocols they get their Cvent users to follow for if they are wanting to create test events in the system? So that they aren't clogging up our overall calendar as well as not being forgotten about and then get deleted. 

I spoke to my CSA and they didn't really have any ideas.  I didn't want to switch on the approve all events button because you can only put it on for all users and not just certain ones.  The ones in question still training. 

So far the guidance I have given is:
    • Put "TEST" at front of Event description
    • Do not move past pending
    • Hide from the calendar so it does not appear to the rest of the company

Thanks, Anna
    #ExecutingStrategicMeetingsManagement

------------------------------
    Anna Friday
    Global Events Manager
    U.S. Soybean Export Council

• 2.  RE: Test Events - Protocol

Posted 05-19-2020 15:51
    Hi Anna,

I don't have much to build on here as we tend to use all 3 of the steps you have above, but we also utilize a custom field for each planner on our team so that the meeting is assigned to us and is listed in our event queue. It has made accountability and clean-up a bit easier, but we've also tried to avoid test events altogether in favor of building from templates and holding until we are totally confident in the event set-up before we launch. 

I hope that helps!

Stacy Wright
    Event Manager, Commercial Excellence
    Galderma Laboratories, L.P..

• 3.  RE: Test Events - Protocol

Posted 05-20-2020 15:11
    Hi Anna,

I would recommend also having the trainees include their name in the title of the test event so that they can be held accountable. Also using the "tasks" function, you could have them setup a "delete event" task for 1 week, 1 month etc from the time they create it so that they are alerted by email when it's time to either delete or extend the delete date on any test events they have made. 

This would also help you to see when it is intended to be deleted. 

Hope this is helpful!

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects

• 4.  RE: Test Events - Protocol

Posted 05-20-2020 20:25

Hi Anna,

Similar to a comment below, our team organizes by client.  To keep things more organized, you could create a "test"folder rather than getting them mixed up with actual/active events.

Hope this helps!

Kayla

Kayla Sisco
    Convention Coordinator
    Impact XM

• 5.  RE: Test Events - Protocol

Community MVP
    Posted 05-22-2020 18:44
    Hi Anna, 
    In the past, we've requested access to a sandbox from Cvent when testing new builds or new features (for example when we were transitioning to Flex). 
    They copied over all the events we had ongoing to a separate account so that we weren't afraid of messing up anything! 
    Hope that helps,

Béline FALZON
    Event Planner
    California Teachers Association