Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Participant attendance tracking

Posted 06-18-2021 19:59
    Since we are not physically present in  a virtual event to have our ID swiped or sign in to a session on paper,  what mechanisms or data points are in place to know, with as much certainty as possible, that we can move a person from accepted to attended?  I only want feedback from people who attended sessions and the conference overall.  Tips?

Vicky
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Vicky Johnson
    Management associate
    Oregon Juvenile Department Directors Association

• 2.  RE: Participant attendance tracking

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-21-2021 15:06
    Edited by Aaron Robinson 06-21-2021 15:06
    Hi Vicky,

I hope you are doing well! This is an excellent question in regard to how marking of attendance is captured within the Attendee Hub. Anyone that clicks on the 'Join' button is marked as checked-in, however, we also have additional control on when an attendee is marked as  'Attended' from the Advanced Settings tab within the session-level. Options include marking attendance either when an attendee is 'joining the session' by clicking the button in real time, or at a specific time point (x minutes after session start time).

Example: Mark Attendees after 30/60 minutes of viewing the video.

Attendees may also check themselves into a session from within the Event App for the AH, if being utilized. Please refer to the linked resources below for more information on the reporting elements. I normally recommend saving the Session Overview, Session Attendance and History reports when using Duration Tracking functionality for attendees accessing the virtual event using Attendee Hub

Best,
    Aaron Robinson
    Project Manager, Event360, Professional Services
    Cvent