Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

• 1.  Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 01-31-2020 21:41
    One important feature thats missing from Cvent is an easy way to display a Carousel of Sponsors Logos with a way to link the images to a URL.

I see theres a slide show but it only allows one image at a time and not the ability to display lets say 6 logos in a row.

Heck you cant display more then 3 rows of anything with FLEX limitations. Please consider improving flex.

It would awesome if you would implement SLick SLider see github below.

https://github.com/kenwheeler/slick
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Drew Norman
    Camunda Services GmbH

• 2.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 02-03-2020 15:32
    Hi Drew,

Thank you so much for the feedback! Would you mind sharing a bit more insight with what you mean regarding displaying 6 logos in a row? Within the current Image Slideshow widget, you can add multiple images, and choose to "Display Thumbnails" so that the invitee can see a small preview, as well as set an "Autoplay" timing so the images switch on their own. 

If you were hoping for different functionality, please feel free to post your product feedback/suggestions in the Ideation tab of the Cvent Community. This will allow other users to up-vote if they agree, and gives our Product Team visibility.

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 02-04-2020 07:55
    I will have to build a mockup and show you when I have a moment.

Drew Norman
    Camunda Services GmbH

• 4.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 01-20-2022 04:39

Maybe this is too old to reply to and I should just start a new topic, but this is a key feature I think is really needed!

A lot of your advanced templates have this exact widget:

This one has a "Sponsors" bar exactly like Drew was asking for:

https://web.cvent.com/event/1b96f7f0-21ed-4b26-a9fd-681f0b45f5cf/summary

Is there plans to add this widget to cvent in the future? Or is there an easy way you could make the Code from the code widget easily accessible to copy/paste? 

Nathan Aron
    EAB

• 5.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 01-20-2022 05:27
    This is something we have been asking for, a moving top image and a "carousel" for partners and the speaker's bio showing when hovering it etc. How did you manage this? Is it something out of the box or have you built it yourself? 

Kind regards

Elli

--------------------

Elli Holm

Marketing Manager | Fastighetsnytt - Technical Product Manager | Bonnier News AB
    112 60 Stockholm, Sweden | Visiting Address: Gjörwellsgatan 30
    Mobile: +46 (0) 70 410 29 15. 

• 6.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

User Group Member
    Posted 12-07-2022 15:46
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

I think I was able to create something similar using a code widget.

Disclaimer, first, though. I'm only a self-taught noob, so if there is a professional coder out there who'd like to add a comment, I'd be excited to get some feedback! 

If anyone would like to try what I did, please look at the attached file. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to loop the slider, and this one alternates moving to the left and to the right when it reaches the last logo. 

In my case, I had 12 logos, and I used 200px x 50px image sizes. If the number of your logos is different, and/or if your image size is different, you'd probably need to adjust the scroll speed and/or translatex property.  

That said,,,,

1. You'd need to have all logos in the exact same sizes.
    2. Upload all of them to the media library. 
    3. On the attached, where it says https://custom.cvent.cim/imagefilelocation1.png, 2.png, 3.png, etc., copy and paste each of your image file location URLs (aka Reference Link).
    4. Where it says FileName1, Name2, Name3, etc., enter the file name of each image. (Or, if you don't want to bother with this, you can leave this blank.)
    5. If you have more than 12 images, copy/paste additional sections. (I used blue and red to distinguish sections.) If you have less than 12, delete the extra ones. 
    6. Copy and paste the entire code into the code widget. 

Hope this works for you. If anyone out there has figured out how to do an infinite loop, I'd love to know.

Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic Capital

Attachment(s)

docx
    Sponsor logo slider.docx   14 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

User Group Member
    Posted 12-30-2022 19:07
    Sorry to be naive, how is this different than using the image slideshow widget?
    Thanks!

Hallie Loeb, HMCC
    Event Operations
    CDW United States

• 8.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

User Group Member
    Posted 01-03-2023 20:29
    @Hallie Loeb

With the image slideshow widget, you'll need to click on the arrows to look at images one at a time. But with the moving carousel, it scrolls automatically. I think that the image slideshow widget is great to showcase pictures, whereas the image carousel seems better to showcase sponsor logos.

Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic Capital

• 9.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel
    Best Answer

User Group Member
    Posted 01-04-2023 10:56
    Edited by Daniel Marotta 01-10-2023 08:16
    Hi @Etsuko Aoyama,
    Image slideshow will play and advance the images on a timed basis that you set. You can toggle on the autoplay feature, and set the intervals to auto-advance anywhere from 1-10 seconds. 

Hallie Loeb, HMCC
    Event Operations
    CDW United States

• 10.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

User Group Member
    Posted 01-09-2023 18:09
    @Hallie Loeb 
    Wow, I am flabbergasted at myself for not seeing that before. This could have saved a lot of my time! I will definitely give it a try next time. Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. Got bombarded with short-term projects and deadlines last week.

Etsuko Aoyama
    Geodesic Capital

• 11.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 14 days ago

Hi there - love this code (thanks!).  Do you know if there is anyway to have it loop, rather than going forward and back?

Heather Payne
    Director, Conference & Event Marketing
    RBC Dominion Securities, Inc.Canada

• 12.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

User Group Member
    Posted 14 days ago

Heather,

Yes, I did! I've been meaning to clean up my code and post update, but haven't had the chance to. In the meantime, please feel free to PM me. 

Etsuko Aoyama [Designation]
    Manager of Events Marketing
    Geodesic Capital

• 13.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Community MVP
    Posted 12-08-2022 11:12
    @Nathan Aron  Nice work! ​

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 14.  RE: Sponsors/Partners Widget -- Image Carousel

Posted 10 days ago

I've been asking for a Sponsor feature for event websites. Similar to Speaker profiles - so you can add logo, description, social handles etc, without having to build it yourself with lots of image/text widgets, which look a bit clunky if you have a lot of sponsors. Would also be great to link to a sponsor from a session within Agenda/Session List, as you do with Speakers. 

I'm using Attendee Hub for first time for this year's conference, the app has sponsor features, to build them a profile, and you can attach to session. So the functionality is getting there, would just like to see it rolled out to the event website. 

I haven't' used image slideshow before though, from comments above mine, will give that a try!

Karen Williams
    Head of PD & Events Delivery
    Recruitment & Employment ConfederationUnited States