Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Linking Social Media Account

Posted 06-05-2020 16:39
    I've been trying to figure out how to configure social media accounts in Flex, and how to configure those in Cvent, to no avail. I've Google'd and searched here and I cannot find the answer. 

Anyone have a recommendation?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Leslie Loy
    Training and Events Coordinator
    Charter Schools Development Center

• 2.  RE: Linking Social Media Account

Cvent Staff
    Posted 06-09-2020 09:51
    Hi Leslie,

Great question! I am attaching a few articles from the Knowledge Base about displaying your social media feeds in a Flex website, as well as utilizing the Share and Follow bars. Let me know if you have any questions . 

Displaying your Social Media Account in Flex 
    Using the Follow Bar 
    Using the Share Bar 

Cailey Lewis
    Client Success Advisor, Event Management
    Cvent.

• 3.  RE: Linking Social Media Account

Posted 06-10-2020 16:39
    Make sure it is enabled in the event configuration!  Once it's enabled, you'll be able to see it on your site and make updates/changes in the site designer.

Kayla Sisco
    Convention Coordinator
    Impact XM

• 4.  RE: Linking Social Media Account

Community MVP
    Posted 06-12-2020 08:49
    1 Copy your social media's URL. Go to your organization's Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest account, copy the URL, and save it so that you can reference it later.

2 Access the Site Designer. Back in Cvent, select your Flex event. To go to the website, hover over Website & Registration and, under Website, click Event Website. For registration, hover over Website & Registration and, under Registration, click Registration ProcessSelect a registration path from the Registration Paths dropdown, if necessary.

Click Customize to the right of the page you want to add your social media feed to.

3 Add your social media to your website. To the right of the canvas, click Build, and more options will appear. Scroll down to the Page Elements section, and drag and drop the "Social Media Feed" widget onto the canvas.

Under Configuration Options, select the social media platform you're linking to. Enter in a title, and, if necessary, a description. in the Account URL textbox, paste your social media's URL you previously copied.

If you have multiple registration paths, click the Registration Page dropdown in the top right of the canvas, and select another registration path from the Registrations Path dropdown. You'll need to repeat these steps.

Once you're done, click Save to preserve a draft or click Publish to make it visible to invitees.

Lori wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.