Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Posted 02-09-2021 16:12
    Hello,
    We sometimes need paper sign in sheets at events and I want to know if I can use Badges and Certificates to create a document that would merge Registered Attendees and their info on a document that could be printed and then they can sign a signature line when they arrive to the event.
    We don't always have the ability to use On Arrival integrated or stand alone.
    I am tinkering but could use some more comprehensive help, and open to referral to any in depth trainings on Badges and Certificates if they are available.
     Thank you
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Nicole Lynch
    Strategic Meeting Planner
    Medtronic, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Community MVP
    Posted 02-09-2021 20:20
    It's super easy. Just think of it as a big badge. :)
    Select a full size page.

You can make it so the attendee can download it or print yourself.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Posted 02-10-2021 09:42
    Thanks,
    I have done that part - looking for deeper instructions and steps. I have saved my word document as a jpg, and chose full page, can get the image to show up but only parts of it are showing in the design window. Need help navigating the design window and features.  I also need to add multiple attendee fields to multiple locations in the document and a mechanism for Next record type thing... As there will be 5 to 6 attendees information on each page, times how many pages to capture all the registered attendees... This will be printed by the Meeting Planner prior to the event.  Thanks for the post I will keep digging and figuring things out.

Nicole Lynch
    Medtronic, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Community MVP
    Posted 02-10-2021 14:46
    Working on a large page can be difficult. You do need to do a but of scrolling.
    Is your text also an image? If so, I prefer to use text fields and separate images.

Multiple attendees on one page may be tough.
    I only know of a data field that lists each guest in one field.

Can each attendee have their own page?

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 5.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Posted 02-10-2021 17:12
    Hello again,
    Thanks for your help - you are helping me get over some hurdles.  Will try the scroll thing next (I think I saw that happening but didn't understand that was what was happening LOL).  The text I want to enter would be via data tags back the attendees information so not an image.  But I am glad you mentioned text fields - I think I now realize that if I wanted to have a comma, I would do that with a text field possibly...  No on attendee each having their own page - What I have been asked to do is create a sign in sheet (when we don't have on arrival as an option) the long way I do this would be to export a Registration list then mail merge all their data into my word document where they each have a section showing their contact information with a signature line below it - they review and edit the contact info as needed and sign on the line.  I am getting close enough here that I have some good clear questions to ask the support team so thank you for helping me work through some of my inexperience that would make that more difficult :)  Time to go tinker some more :)

Nicole Lynch
    Medtronic, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Community MVP
    Posted 02-10-2021 18:36
    Are the names per sheet all connected to one registration?

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 7.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Posted 02-10-2021 18:46
    No

Nicole Lynch
    Medtronic, Inc.

• 8.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Community MVP
    Posted 02-11-2021 10:57
    Each certificate is going to be for each attendee. You may be better off doing a word merge.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 9.  RE: Certificates and Badges - Build a mergeable document to print to gather attendee signatures.

Posted 02-18-2021 11:16
    Thanks again - I finally was able to work through this with Cvent Tech Support - to confirm I had fully investigated for my Mgt Team.  There is no stock/function that will allow for a header and a footer to be printed on each page.  I did learn that instead of loading my image as one full page - they took snippets of the sections I needed and added those as images behind each section in the badge stock (like if your printing 8 up per page badges) and the multiple attendees per page comes in with the stock you chose - that is the mechanism that tells Cvent to move to the next attendee, type thing.  The lady that finally helped me said she would send feedback that this could possibly be a future feature... Not sure anyone else out there would find a use though...

Nicole Lynch
    Medtronic, Inc.