Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 12-13-2019 14:44
    How do you handle table sales and account for the changes in capacity with each sale? We want to offer an 8 or 10 seat table, and when one is purchased, adjust the capacity correctly. We use Classic events. We aren't using the Seating feature for now.
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Joseph Mello
    CFA Institute

• 2.  RE: Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 01-03-2020 10:06
    Hi Joseph,

Would a registrant be able to purchase multiple tables? Additionally, would you need to collect additional detail once the table is purchased? I would recommend either Sessions or Optional Items. Both of these would allow for you to create the item, whether you have one for 8-seat and one for 10-seat, and then set a capacity and a fee. 

Optional Items allows a registrant to select multiple. Sessions could be used if you are looking to ask more questions once the item is selected, which can be done through Session Questions.

Please let me know if you have further thoughts or questions!

Best,
    Danni

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 3.  RE: Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 01-03-2020 10:14

Thank you – I will explore the suggestions everyone made.

Joe M.

• 4.  RE: Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 02-07-2020 10:16
    Hi - yes,multiple tables could be purchased. We don;t see a way to have a table purchase correctly adjust the tickets sold for the entire event capacity. Our events have a mix of table and ticket sales. We are looking for a way that a table sale will reduce tickets available by say 8 or 10 (whatever table size we use).

Joe

Joseph Mello
    Senior Business Analyst
    CFA Institute

• 5.  RE: Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 02-10-2020 14:55
    Hi Joe,

Thank you for the additional detail! In order for the event capacity to be reflected properly, you could also explore using the Guest Registration feature. You can opt to not collect personal information for the guest, and therefore the primary would just select the number of guests (seats at the table). This would then be included in the primary's overall registration as the total number in their party/registration. Keep in mind, this would also count as registrations towards your Cvent agreement. 

This sounds relatively strategic, so if you have not already I would suggest reaching out to your Client Success Manager to brainstorm further! 

Best,
    Danni ​

Danni Czark
    Lead Client Success Advisor
    Cvent

• 6.  RE: Handling table sales in Classic

Posted 01-20-2023 18:11
    Hi, not a direct response to Joseph. But I wanted to know if you can help me with a question I had about seating in Cvent. 

Is there a way i can have a visual or chart of tables available at checkout for when people are going through the registration process. I want to have registrants be able to pick the table they want to sit at (with a layout visual if possible). Along with picking the table, have them fill out who will be sitting there ( filling out or looking up their name & email address). I know the hosts or users of Cvent can assign tables on our end, but is it possible for the registrant to access and edit this too after or during checkout? 

Thank you in advance! 
    -Gabrielle

Gabrielle Barrese
    Crain CommunicationsUnited States