Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Analyzing Inquisium survey results with R?

Posted 04-22-2021 08:02
    Does anyone here use  R to analyze Cvent Inquisium survey data?  If so, do you mind sharing your workflow and the packages  you've found to work well?

I'm new to Inquisium--and to survey analysis, for that matter.  The surveydata package looks promising as one piece of the puzzle; I'm hoping I can define a survey such that the column names from Inquisium can be used without too many gymnastics to create surveydata objects.   I'm guessing that I'll either use the survey package or Stan with one of its R interfaces rstan, rstanarm, or brms, the latter three to do MRP.

I find a number of packages (e.g., USING R FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF SURVEY DATA AND STATISTICS IN EVALUATION for memisc and RQDA)  that promise to wrangle data into a surveydata object, but it's not yet clear to me which approach would lead to the best toolchain.

Thanks,

Bill
    #Miscellaneous
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Bill Harris
    Snohomish County PUD

• 2.  RE: Analyzing Inquisium survey results with R?

Posted 04-22-2021 18:14
    There's a posting called "April  20, 2018 Inquisium Enhancements" that says, "SPSS export for Answer Details report: Looking to perform advanced statistical analysis on your survey data? You can now export response data in SPSS format for the report "Answer Details by Respondent (Displays one respondent per row)."," but I can't find it.  Did that feature get deleted?  R seems to have packages (haven, surveydata) that could facilitate the process of getting data from that format into R.

Bill Harris
    Snohomish County PUD

• 3.  RE: Analyzing Inquisium survey results with R?

Posted 04-30-2021 15:29
    Hi Bill,

Happy Friday! Regarding the ability to export survey response data in SPSS format, you are able to do that in your current survey tool. Once you access your survey, select Reports from the navigation menu > click Show Report Presets under Answer Details by Question > Click Run next to 'Answer Details by Respondent (Displays one respondent per row)' > Update criteria as needed and click Run > Hover over the Actions dropdown > Export to SPSS.
    Best,

Danni 

Danni Czark
    Senior Associate, Online Community Marketing
    Cvent

• 4.  RE: Analyzing Inquisium survey results with R?

Posted 04-30-2021 18:26
    Danni, 

Cool!   I admit it seems a bit buried; even when I get to that last page (after pressing Run), I see two dropdowns:

The uppermost ("... Actions") contains Export, Save As, and Export to SPSS, and the lower one contains a number of options:

Unfortunately, it didn't work.  If I can't make it work, I'll send you the Instance ID privately.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Bill Harris
    Snohomish County PUD