Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Failed Credit Card Payments

Posted 06-24-2020 08:08
    Over the course of two weeks, I received emails from registrants indicating they could not pay using their credit card noting 'Failed Credit Card Payments' as the error message they received. Never having experienced this before and as they seemed to be one offs potentially due to registrant error, I addressed each of them individually. I was unable to enter their payment successfully as well through Cvent so I redirected them to the pay button on our website. I saw nothing wrong with Event Configuration and thought whatever the glitch, it would work itself out. When I received another email noting the same issue, I reached out to support and the issue and steps to resolve were explained. Data from the payment processor required updating in Cvent and then a 48 hour turnaround and the issue would be resolved. I understood that there was a Failed Payment Report that I never knew existed and that helps identify issues but I have a few questions.

1. The registrant receives an email notification if their credit card payment fails. I remain unaware of their experience until or unless they reach out to me or I run a Failed Payment Report. Can a notification to the account owner be set in this situation?
    2. If/when there's an issue with Failed Payments due to the processor requiring updated  data, the account owner(s) should be notified. How else would the owner know that action is needed to prevent registrants from frustration at not being able to pay by credit card?
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Gerri-Ann Friedman
    Marketing and Digital Communications Manager
    Association for the Advancement of International Education

• 2.  RE: Failed Credit Card Payments

Community MVP
    Posted 07-06-2020 12:37

Hi Gerri-Ann,
    You should be able to schedule the Failed Payment Report to run for you periodically. 

However, it seems that you should be receiving an email from your payment processor, not Cvent, letting you know that there is a required change, yes? I would recommend reaching out to your payment processor to see if you can be added to the email list when they send out those types of notices.

Also, you may find something helpful in the Cvent Knowledge Base: https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunitysearchResultPage?searchFor=failed%20payment

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Failed Credit Card Payments

Posted 07-08-2020 10:19
    did you check the community already?

https://support.cvent.com/apex/CommunitysearchResultPage?searchFor=failed%20payment

Ahmad Khalil
    Administrative Officer - ICT
    Education International

• 4.  RE: Failed Credit Card Payments

Posted 07-09-2020 15:44
    Hi Gerri-Ann!

I've been there too. I wish there was a way to set up a planner alert. My work around was to receive registration notifications when people register. Which depending on the size of your event could mean A LOT of unwanted emails. In my case it is only for our training classes that are capped at 20 attendees. 

At the end of the day if I received registration planner alert emails - I would then run the failed payment report. 

Hopefully you can find a way that works for you!

Sarah Jordan Usher
    Market Administrator
    CNC Software, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Failed Credit Card Payments

Posted 07-14-2020 14:13
    We've had a problem with this too and had to put in a ticket that is getting escalated.

Amy Jones
    Assistant Conference and Event Coordinator and Marketing
    Georgia Southern University Division of Continuing Education

• 6.  RE: Failed Credit Card Payments

Posted 07-14-2020 14:30
    Thank you to all who have graciously offered assistance on rectifying this matter. Our payment processor did not alert us to changes to their system that impacted Cvent's ability to recognize the processor. The situation has been resolved.

Gerri-Ann Friedman
    Marketing and Digital Communications Manager
    Association for the Advancement of International Education