Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cvent and Salesforce

User Group Member
    Posted 01-13-2022 14:25
    Hello All 

We have started to use Saleforce now as an internal database. I have two questions for those who have both Salesforce and Cvent. 

1. If you have the connector do you think it is worth the pricetag? 

2. If you do not have the connector, have your found an easy way to import event participants into salesforce? We are new to salesforce, but were told that if we upload our full participants list after each event it would create duplicate records instead of editing existing records. My team is currently now importing in each person individually and i am sure there has to be a quicker way.

Thanks All!
    #Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Justina Hulen
    Events Director
    RSLC

• 2.  RE: Cvent and Salesforce

User Group Member
    Posted 01-20-2022 10:06
    Hi Justina, we have the connector and feel it's worth it. It makes it very easy for our sales team to invite people to events and see who is all attending. I don't have any previous experience with manually uploading, but the connector takes away all that work. 

You can modify the visibility for invites, and attendees lists are a game change for the SF users too, thus taking away questions from the field on who is coming who isn't etc.

Beth Vriesen
    Corp Events Registration Administrator
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 3.  RE: Cvent and Salesforce

Posted 04-04-2022 16:13
    We have the integration with the Standard license. It's worth it for the front end invitation process, but be prepared for lots of sync issues and bugs when information comes back to Salesforce. 

Took months for the Cvent team to figure out that many contacts were deleted from out Cvent app, and there was a contact stub mis-match issue. Apparently the 6.0 release has a check box field that indicates that a contact was previously deleted from Cvent- to help narrow down that issue.

It also does NOT work well with the Salesforce mobile app- definitely designed for desktop. #salesforce

Johanna Drzyzga
    Manager, Customer Relations
    Keystone Dental