Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Invitee receiving "This Event is Closed" message when trying to register for an active event

Posted 02-07-2020 11:05
    I recently launched my first event using Cvent and for the most part, so far so good. However, one of our invitees who received the registration email receives a "This Event is Closed," (see image below) message when they click "Yes" they will attend in the e-mail that then leads them to the cvent site. 

I have ensured the event is active, open to the public and the platform is allowing others to register. 

Help! ... what else should I do? 

Oh, our event is built in Flex. 

Thank you, 

J.J.

Message our invitee receives when trying to register.

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    JJ Jones
    Nat'l Inst for Animal Agriculture

• 2.  RE: Invitee receiving "This Event is Closed" message when trying to register for an active event

Posted 02-07-2020 13:22
    I came across this on my last event.

You sure the Registration Deadline is in the future?

Event Details >General >Event Information

At least one admission item is open?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: Invitee receiving "This Event is Closed" message when trying to register for an active event

Posted 02-10-2020 09:36
    Hi @JJ Jones,

First, check your registration path settings. Are registrants only allowed from an invitation list? Maybe this particular person is not using his/her email address that is on the specified invitation list.

If you have allowed only certain domains (for example, for an Internal Employee reg path I may lock it to just siemens.com domains to ensure I'm capturing the employee's email address; conversely, for attendees - mine are from partner businesses - I block gmail, yahoo, outlook, and hotmail domains to ensure they register with their BUSINESS email address.

Your attendee may be trying to register with an email address that is blocked by one of your registration path rules.

So check your registration paths, your registration types, and your admission items. Note what rules/controls/security you have on each. That will usually lead you to the answer.​​

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States