Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cvent/Salesforce App Integration issues

Posted 11-30-2019 11:59
    Is it possible to map Salesforce Campaign Member Statuses to attendee statuses in Cvent app in Salesforce Classic? All functionality are the same between salesforce classic and lightning (LEX). In Lex there are new tabs added on the Campaign lightning record page. In salesforce classic there are two new buttons and related list added. As I mentioned all functionality between salesforce classic and LEX is the same apart from the mapping of statuses between Cvent and salesforce. Is it possible to access this status mapping in salesforce classic? Based on what I read all setup should be available in classic and in LEX. I did not find any mention about restrictions in each version of salesforce. 

Is it possible that when event in Cvent is in test mode attendee statuses are not syncing to SF correctly? What I mean is that we setup connection between salesforce and Cvent via Cvent app for salesforce. We finished setup, linked Cvent Event with Campaign in salesforce. Then we exported campaign members to Cvent and registered them. Their attendee status has changed to Accepted. However the attendee status in salesforce is still Pending Invitation.  There is no error log and synced was successful. Any idea why this could happen? 

Thnka you
    #EventApp-Building/managing

------------------------------
    Filip Chamraz
    ABB Inc.

• 2.  RE: Cvent/Salesforce App Integration issues

Posted 12-02-2019 12:39
    Yes, this can be done. In SF classic campaigns, I've built out custom statuses that match closer to the Cvent ones. It probably won't work in test mode.

Rebecca Quinn
    Corporate Events Manager
    Transplace Texas, LP

• 3.  RE: Cvent/Salesforce App Integration issues

Posted 12-02-2019 14:42
      |   view attached
    It may not work in test mode - I'm not sure. However, I presented a session at CventCONNECT 2018 on this, and have attached my presentation - hopefully this will help you troubleshoot. Otherwise, you may want to reach out to tech support. I have found that sometimes just re-syncing each Cvent campaign status to the appropriate Salesforce Campaign status will fix the problem - especially if you've made any changes to any of the statuses after they were initially created.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme McMilllen & Associates