Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Using Engagement Score for Contesting in a Virtual Event

Posted 10-09-2020 12:21
    Has anyone used Engagement Score as a contesting tool for their virtual event? Such as rewarding the people who were the most engaged overall, with sponsors, in specific tracks, etc?

If so, I would love to see what you did.
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    April Sailsbury
    Events Manager
    Gas Processors Association

• 2.  RE: Using Engagement Score for Contesting in a Virtual Event

Posted 10-13-2020 17:45
    Hi April, 

I just googled Engagement Score to see if it was some fancy program that would do this for me that I could be using ;) I guess it's not. 

The 3rd party platform we are using for our virtual conference this year has a REALLY basic "gamification" option that we just decided yesterday that we would implement for our event that starts in two weeks. The system will give points for things like clicking into an exhibitor booth for x minutes, watching a session for x minutes, engaging with a speaker through chat, downloading resources (slide decks etc). 

Yesterday we sent an email out to all our exhibitors inviting them to participate by sponsoring a prize. All Amazon gift vouchers: 1st prize = $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100 and then a bunch of $25 "Lucky Draws". I created "rules" to earn points for our attendees that are very sponsor orientated so like "Go and visit "Sponsor"'s booth and poke around for 5 minutes to receive 20 points" and so on... Even though our very limited system will actually give points for ANY booth they visit, I'm calling out the sponsors who have paid for prizes so that they see some value in doing so. 

I will have the actual graphic for the rules and prizes by this Friday and will be happy to share it with you if this is helpful :)

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects