Open Forum

Β View Only
  • 1.  Accommodation filter for Invitee Management

Posted 09-07-2021 03:35
    One of our recent in-person events was cancelled, due to covid-19 restrictions.  We converted it to virtual, so we did not have to cancel the event.

We wanted to write to everyone who had made an accommodation booking to advise them of the refund procedure.

Unfortunately there is no option in Advanced Search to filter for attendees who have made an accommodation booking.

The work-around is to export the accommodation report, create a contact list, and then run the Advanced Search based on a contact list.  This workaround is time consuming and (potentially) obsolete as soon as it is created, i.e. if there are any changes to the accommodation bookings, the exported list needs to be run again.

I honestly cannot believe that you currently cannot filter the attendee list for those who have an accommodation booking 🀯.

#Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingRoomBlocks
    #ReportingandInsights

------------------------------
    Leon Olsen
    Director
    Conference Matters

• 2.  RE: Accommodation filter for Invitee Management

Community MVP
    Posted 09-16-2021 09:09
    Hi Leon,
    I have come across some odd shortcomings related to data filtering as well. It seems like since it's just a big database, we should be able to slice and dice that data any way we want. I recommend you submit this as an enhancement request.

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Accommodation filter for Invitee Management

Posted 09-19-2021 17:03
    Hi Lori

Yes, when I called customer support re this issue, they suggested I posted something in the community forum to see if there was any widespread support for accommodation filtering.  

Customer support has forwarded the suggestion as an enhancement request πŸ˜…

I am sure there will be others that would find this filtering function useful.  

Cheers - Leon

Leon Olsen
    Director
    Conference Matters

• 4.  RE: Accommodation filter for Invitee Management

Posted 09-17-2021 08:46
    Absolutely agreed! I've come across this issue multiple times myself, but I was lucky that our events we converted weren't that large so I could manually select those folks. If you end up submitting it as an idea, let us know!

Lauren Becker
    Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 5.  RE: Accommodation filter for Invitee Management

Posted 09-19-2021 17:06
    Great, thanks Lauren...I have submitted the query as an enhancement request.  Hopefully there are others that jump on this to highlight the need πŸ‘

Leon Olsen
    Director
    Conference Matters