Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Admission Item Waitlist?

Posted 08-29-2019 15:50
    Is it possible to create a waitlist for an admission item? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Stephanie Marengere

Alumni Programs Coordinator
    The College of Wooster

• 2.  RE: Admission Item Waitlist?

Posted 09-02-2019 14:17
    Hi Stephanie,

Cvent does not provide Waitlist functionality for an admission item, as it is a ticket to the event and an invitee will not be registered, if they do not get a ticket. Cvent provides Event Waitlist but this feature is only applicable when event is closed for registration.

However, this is a great idea and already logged in by another user in our Ideas Section of community, accessible through -  https://community.cvent.com/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=7b625377-144b-409e-8b10-dd717bf4ecd4

Please upvote this idea and add your comments.

Our product teams review most voted ideas and work to add them to our product.

-----------------------------------
    Brett Sachdeva
    Tech Lead
    Cvent Client Services

• 3.  RE: Admission Item Waitlist?

Posted 09-03-2019 09:18
    Edited by Elaine Barber 09-03-2019 09:22
    Hi Stephanie,

I have also had this issue -- I even tried it by reg type, but since that doesn't work either, I have to set up separate events for our audiences which is double work for sure.  Thanks for mentioning this and I'm going to follow those steps cvent suggested to hope we convince them to add it :)

I also noticed from your post on the other page that you are doing it so the attendees only see the 1 event they are doing.  I completely get wanting to simplify it for attendees!  We do something similar but have all events listed and they can use the search function to choose.  Not as clean for sure.

Elaine Barber
    Events Manager
    Associated Luxury Hotels International