Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

Posted 02-26-2021 14:53
    Would I be better off (using CLASIC) making separate events for each one or trying to use one Event with 5 session options? Sorry this is my first time using CVENT and I have a site built but it seems like it's not really conducive to multiple training session options on one event site. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Susan Silva
    Community Affairs Analyst
    CAROL GODDARD(CARUS00011)

• 2.  RE: I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

Community MVP
    Posted 02-27-2021 11:09
    Edited by Steven Schlossman 02-27-2021 11:41
    First off, I would use Flex and not Classic, Even if Classic is still available to you, might as well get used to Flex.

I'd create each week as a separate. I think sending event emails will be confusing if all 5 were wrapped up in one.
    Unless all the registrations have to open up the same time, I would also ​just create the first registration.

Then clone the next using what you have edited from the previous registration.

Most of my registrations are clones. I edit my live registration as we go along. That way I incorporate any changes into the next.​

Cross reporting would also help if you need to look at all 5 events at once.

I'm presuming attendees will only be registering for one of the weeks.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 3.  RE: I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

User Group Member
    Posted 03-01-2021 12:46
    Hello Susan,

I agree with everything Steven said. Flex is a lot more intuitive to build than Classic. 
    I also agree you will benefit from creating templates for different types of event. Take time to review your template before creating your duplicates/clones so you don't have to update all of your events if you need to make tweaks. 

All the best and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions,
    Sophie

Sophie Pierronnet

• 4.  RE: I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

Community MVP
    Posted 03-02-2021 13:47
    Hello Susan,

I agree with Steve and Sophia about using Flex for every Cvent event created and their point about creating separate events.

The only consideration for using one event with 5 sessions would be if the registrant was receiving a price reduction by signing up for multiple sessions and once, which I think Steve was alluding to.

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 5.  RE: I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

Posted 03-03-2021 10:14
    Thanks for all the comments you all provided. I can't use FLEX as our Company will not upgrade to it.  I am going to try to see if I can make that 5 different registrations work. I really do want them to be able to cancel out from one and be able to see other options rather than a new link to a new event. I also want reporting to be by registration. Anyway I'll see if I can make some of these changes today. Again thanks!

Susan Silva
    Community Affairs Analyst
    CAROL GODDARD(CARUS00011)

• 6.  RE: I am using CVENT for 5 Trainings (Virtually) over 2021 each are 4 days long

Posted 03-03-2021 14:16
    Hello Susan,

This is exactly what I use Cvent for and it has taken me awhile to figure out the best method, but I am finally there.  Too bad that you cannot get your company to upgrade to Flex as it is the most versatile.  But I think you may find a work-around.  We offer several workshops for faculty, several times a year and repeat them throughout the year.  For each Workshop, I create one Event and one Admission item.  Then, for each time that workshop is offered, I create one Session item to include date and time in the title.  The person who registers will receive one Event email confirmation which includes their registration number and also a Session confirmation e-mail which includes the Zoom call info.  The day before the Session workshop, they receive a reminder e-mail that includes the Zoom call info.  My next goal is to create certificates which attendees will automatically receive.  The day after the event, the facilitators receive a link to mark attendees.

Hope this helps.

Robin Lewison
    Regis University
    Denver, Colorado