Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  intermittent session waitlist link

Community MVP
    Posted 06-16-2020 11:19

Is anyone experiencing the session waitlist link sometimes missing from the registration?

Some attendees are able to add themselves to the session waitlist, while others don't see the link.

I am experiencing the same issue. Went to add an attendee to a session wailtlist. No visible link.

Tried again later, the link was there.

#Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 2.  RE: intermittent session waitlist link

Community MVP
    Posted 06-23-2020 13:11
    Hello Steven, 

I see two reasons that might happen: 
    - the waitlist is empty, and there's a spot available in the main session, so the link disappear because people can register for the session itself (but if somebody is snatching that spot at the same time, it could make it weird for the person who just missed the opportunity, such as throwing an error message that the session is full, and yet not offering to go on the waitlist until they fully refresh the registration). 
    - you put a cap on the waitlist, and its capacity is full.
    Those are the obvious things that came to mind, it could also be a bug that only tech support could address. we've been having similarly unexplained weird issues with registration for one of our events. 

Cheers,

Béline FALZON
    Event Planner
    California Teachers Association

• 3.  RE: intermittent session waitlist link

Community MVP
    Posted 06-23-2020 13:36
    That is certainly possibly. At the time there were only a few people on the waitlist. I was unable to reproduce the problem more than 2 times. I have found a few bugs and submitted support tickets. They all do get addressed.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 4.  RE: intermittent session waitlist link

Posted 06-25-2020 10:48
    Hi Steve, 

We had this issue last year and it turned out to be exactly what Béline suggested above where two people were trying to be added to the waitlist at the same time and it was bouncing one of them out. By a weird coincidence, it happened twice within a one hour span and both people called our office about it. The first caller had been bounced out by the second caller and the second caller bounced out by the first a few moments later when they both moved down the schedule to the next full session. Sometimes restrictions on waitlist capacity and registration types can also be a factor so it's always worth giving your setting a once over to make sure all looks how it should.

All the best,   

Sharna Pascolo
    Program Director
    Texas Society of Architects