Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sponsorships for Virtual Events

Posted 06-02-2020 14:25
    I'm sure my company is not the only organization struggling with maintaining sponsorships for our now-virtual events. We've adopted gamification in our events (points for logging in, attending sessions, chatting, etc.).

What creative things are you doing to keep sponsors engaged and sponsoring your event? 

#PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Mary Zampino, CSP, CSMP | Vice President – Content, Research & Analytics | SIG
    mzampino@sig.org | LinkedIn: maryzampino | Twitter: @MaryZampino_SIG

• 2.  RE: Sponsorships for Virtual Events

Community MVP
    Posted 06-09-2020 14:06
    Hi Mary, 

Here are a few options, especially considering you are already implementing gamification: 
    - have short 10-min sessions for exhibitors to pitch at and reward attendees who tune in
    - have attendees sign up for one-on-one meetings with exhibitors, also for points
    - show your exhibitors logos as a shared slide when people log-on to a meeting, before the content starts
    - have your speakers, if they are on camera, wear/use branded items (mug, shirt etc). If it's an option with the system you use, have your exhibitors logos be part of a virtual background.
    - are you mailing any materials to your attendees? Consider allowing exhibitors to add to that with swag that's working-from-home-themed.

Béline FALZON
    Event Planner
    California Teachers Association

• 3.  RE: Sponsorships for Virtual Events

Posted 06-10-2020 12:27
    A agree with all that Béline FALZON have stated. I also think it's worth it to offer linked sponsor logo presence in reminder emails and thank you emails.

Amy Jones
    Assistant Conference and Event Coordinator and Marketing
    Georgia Southern University Division of Continuing Education

• 4.  RE: Sponsorships for Virtual Events

Community MVP
    Posted 06-10-2020 15:41
    Hi Mary,
    In addition to what Béline has shared, I would also suggest including them as sponsors in future newsletters, or even offering them to send one marketing email to your distribution list (you send their final version; they never see your list). There's a lot of value to being able to reach your audience, and this can go a long way in "evening out" the loss of perceived value in moving from a live event to a virtual event.

Lori wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.