Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Email Links Not Working Due to Outlook Safelinks Feature

Posted 08-14-2020 11:01
    We are having problems when sending emails to people using certain versions of Outlook. If they have safelinks enabled (and they are probably not even aware if they do or not) - the links within emails are not accessible.

The user will get this message when clicking the link: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

It is an Outlook issue, but it all depends on how each instance of Outlook is set up and we have no control over what settings our clients use.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if so, have they found any solutions to the issue?

Thank you!

#Miscellaneous

------------------------------
    Pamela Deml
    Creative Designer
    Navitaire LLC

• 2.  RE: Email Links Not Working Due to Outlook Safelinks Feature

Community MVP
    Posted 08-14-2020 14:25
    Hi Pamela-

I would suggest putting the links in parentheses just in case of this issue so that they can at least copy and paste the text into their preferred browser. We have only experienced the issue with image wrapping text. We have started using tables to help in ensuring the text wrapping happens.

Thanks,

Lindsay Buchanan
    Manager, Meetings, Association Management, and Groups
    Travelink

• 3.  RE: Email Links Not Working Due to Outlook Safelinks Feature

Posted 08-17-2020 08:19
    That's True

Rakesh Sharma
    SalesforceGenericAccount

• 4.  RE: Email Links Not Working Due to Outlook Safelinks Feature

Posted 05-04-2022 15:09
    Hi, it's obviously been two years but I found my issue resolved when ensuring links began with http: and NOT https:

Leaving this for future errors! Outlook SafeLinks hyperlink error resolution

Madeleine Dunwoody
    Conference Coordinator
    University of Washington