Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

• 1.  Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 13:35
    Greetings!

Ever since I started using the Flex registration system, our front-end users are experiencing "registration error pop-up windows" and then being kicked out of the registration process altogether which in turn forced them to start the registration process all over again. And I shouldn't even say front end, because if I am working on the back end and trying to modify someone's resignation, for example, even I get the errors. 

The errors seem to happen at completely random points throughout the registration process, happens for some, not for others, and clearing cache and cookies solves the problem for 75% of the people.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I've been working with support for months on this and all it ever comes down to is "clear cache and cookies" which I find to be an unacceptable solution.

Please let me know if you've experienced these errors and what you did to fix them. I am desperate.

This never happened in the Classic system and I am UGH SO FRUSTRATED. Why fix something that's not broken that is NOW BROKEN?!

Sorry, Friday rant over. But please help :(

P.S Don't get me started on the payment errors. This I cannot tie back directly to CVENT but those never happened before Flex either...anyone experiencing that?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Ashley Tilley
    Convention and Membership Manager
    National Scholastic Press Association

• 2.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 14:06
    I was seeing a similar thing yesterday on an event we were testing.  It ended up being that another user changed the "External Data Source" on the registration path.  We have the Salesforce Integration, and they changed the value to Salesforce/ chose one of the Salesforce campaigns.  But then if someone was NOT in the Salesforce campaign we got an error message.  

Setting this back to use Cvent address book as the 'external source' made the errors go away.  Site Designer -> Registration Path -> Gear icon -> External Data Source (set to cvent address book/ default). 
    Screen shot showing part of Cvent Site Designer

Tom Neuburger
    Associate Director, Crm Center Of Excellence
    Smith College

• 3.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 14:14
    Thank you for your response, Tom! I will look into this on my end.

Curious, what process did you take that lead you to finding the issue being the "external data source"?

Ashley

Ashley Tilley

• 4.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 14:23
    It doesn't appear I have the "External Data Source" option, maybe because we don't integrate data from anywhere else?

I am going to reach out to CVENT support for more clarification on this.

Ashley Tilley

• 5.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 15:03
    Since it was a "this worked yesterday but not today" kind of scenario, I simply asked what did they update.  Other than session descriptions this was the only change.  And as soon as I set it back things once again worked as expected.

Tom Neuburger
    Associate Director, Crm Center Of Excellence
    Smith College

• 6.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 15:13
    Ah, I see. Thanks for that info, glad you got it back working.

Ashley

Ashley Tilley

• 7.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-16-2021 15:52

Ashley,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. While the initial attempts to reproduce the issue have not resulted in an error on our end, we are pulling in some additional subject matter experts on our tech team to dig deeper and look for the underlying cause of the errors you've been experiencing. We will be sure to keep you in the loop as we progress. In the meantime, our support team is here if you have any additional questions or information to pass along.

-Erik

Erik Shea
    Senior Product Manager, Technology
    Cvent

• 8.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-19-2021 08:36
    Hi Ashley,

I've seen a lot of these errors as well. Both from screenshots customers have sent us and internally when working on different events. I have also seen more payment issues where customers weren't able to complete payment but we were able to use that same card on our end using submit payment on the invitee record. With that in mind, our events have grown in size quite a bit since switching to virtual (which aligned with switching to FLEX also) so you can expect an uptick in issues but definitely frustrating still.

This is what I had received back from support regarding the something went wrong.

These errors can intermittently show up if the user is using an outdated browser or has some bad data in their cache or cookies. We recommend asking the invitees to use a different browser preferably Firefox or Chrome and clearing their cache and cookies.

Best,
    Evan

Evan Ring
    Senior Operations Manager
    Dow Jones & Co., Inc

• 9.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-21-2021 03:45
    Hi,

We are experiencing the same thing, we get the error messages quite often, randomly and I have asked the support to look into this and sort out why the platform doesn't work as expected. I have never experienced so many so often platform related errors. It can't only be related to outdated browser och bad data as both we internally and customers are experiencing this. 

And another input: update the error message, both content and design, so it make sense to the one who is experiencing it. When referring to the page load id, it doesn't make any sense to the support, so please remove it. 

Thanks!

Elli Holm
    Technical product manager
    Bonnier News AB

• 10.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-22-2021 02:01
    Edited by Bryann Jackson 04-22-2021 02:02
    We have found that users will receive registration errors if they attempt to use a different email address than the one we used to issue the invitation.  We determined this after questioning users during one of our events. We have found that directing them to use the email address in the system or updating the email address & re-issuing the invitation solved the problem.

This will also happen if guests forward their invitation to others and they are not on any of the invitation lists.  Because of this we have added language at the end of the invitation stating the event is invitation only and that invitations are non-transferable.

Bryann Jackson
    Sr. Analyst - Event Operations
    ALSAC

• 11.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-26-2021 13:26
    We get the error quite often, and at random, as well. The way it's been explained to me by one of my internal IT resources is that it's a timeout issue at the moment the page was loaded the first time -- some of the files in the website's header may get loaded out of order. So even if they visit later, the documents still never load correctly and they need to start over by clearing the cache. It happens most often with our internal folks who are connecting via VPN.

To save time, I created a new signature in Outlook that has all of the instructions for clearing browser cache for both IE and Chrome (those are the browsers my users use the most).

Lauren Becker
    Travel, Meetings & Incentives Web Content Coordinator
    Aflac

• 12.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-28-2021 09:12
    Lauren, would you be willing to share that language please?

McKenna Gorham
    Meetings Assistant
    North Carolina Bankers Association

• 13.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-28-2021 10:05

Absolutely! I'm happy to share:

-----------

I'm so sorry that the system is giving you issues. Sometimes that's just simply due to a connection issue at the time the link was clicked the first time.

Would you mind trying something for me? If you could please clear out your browser's cache, then shut down the browser and try again, that USUALLY takes care of the issue. Also please make sure you're not using a VPN connection at the time that you click the link.

Here are some step-by-step instructions on clearing your browser cache. Please let me know if you're still running into the issue.

Chrome browser:

• Go to the menu icon that's 3 vertical dots just under the X in the top right corner
    • Choose More Tools > Clear browsing data...
    • Check the box for "Cookies and other site data" (the other boxes are optional, though it's generally recommended to do this often anyway to keep the computer operating efficiently)
    • For time range, choose Last 7 Days, Last 4 Weeks, or All time (all time is my preferred option, but it's up to you!)
    • Click Clear Data
    • Once that's done, close out the browser
    • Click the Register link in your email
    • If the site still doesn't work, try closing out the browser and clicking the URL again. Usually, the second time works if there's a timeout issue.

Internet Explorer browser:

• Go to the tools icon that looks like a gear just under the X in the top right corner
    • Choose Internet Options
    • On the General tab under the Browsing history section, click the Delete... button
    • Check the checkbox for Cookies and website data
    • Click the Delete button
    • Once that's done, close out the browser
    • Click the Register link in your email
    • If the site still doesn't work, try closing out the browser and clicking the URL again. Usually, the second time works if there's a timeout issue.

iPhone:

Native Android Browser:

• Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy & Security
    • Tap "Clear cache and Clear all cookie data"
    • Tap OK

Confidentiality Notice:
    This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, any distribution, copying, or use of this e-mail or its attachments is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this message and any copies. Thank you.

• 14.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-30-2021 09:45
    Thank you!

McKenna Gorham
    Meetings Assistant

• 15.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

User Group Member
    Posted 04-27-2021 16:11
    I have also seen this error page randomly as well!

Nadine Demyanovich
    Marketing Analyst
    Illumina, Inc.

• 16.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Community MVP
    Posted 04-27-2021 20:25
    Usually when I see that it's because I changed an attendee's reg type that had sessions not associated with that type. I go back and retrace my steps.

If front end users are experiencing that error, nothing changed in the registration in the build?

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America

• 17.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-30-2021 11:50
    Hi, Steven!

Thanks for responding.

Yes, oftentimes, even after I open registration, I do have to go back in and change some things. Will that result in a problem for the front-end user? Any idea why for some and not for others?

Thanks for the input.

Ashley

Ashley Tilley

• 18.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Community MVP
    Posted 04-30-2021 12:11
    Ashley,
    It can create a problem in the front end for the attendee.
    For me it's when I change a reg type or admission item and the sessions don't match.
    Then it's a series of changes I need to make in the backend. Sometimes I unregister all the sessions and making sure I'm not sending an automatic email that the registration has been modified. And if there is a fee, I changed the fee to 0 and issue a payment credit so they are not automatically refunded.
    It's a convoluted mess! Sometimes it's best to walk away from the computer and take another look the next day.

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 19.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 04-28-2021 09:10
    I hear you! This has happened to us too. It is SO FRUSTERATING. I end up getting calls and having to manually register people and take their cards over the phone. I worry we are losing attendees because they cannot register.

The best solution we have found is writing big at the top of the registration page - Chrome is the preferred browser for this registration. Firefox is the next best option but DO NOT USE Internet explorer. 

I was told the browser type could be the issue. Like mentioned in this thread, I was told the attendee could open up a new incognito tab and delete their cookies. But, that is the opposite of an Amazon experience that we are trying to create.

If anyone hears of any other solutions, please share! Thank you!!

McKenna Gorham
    Meetings Assistant

• 20.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 05-30-2021 21:43
    My team and I are getting these errors ALL THE TIME since moving to Flex. It is so frustrating, and the best the support team can give us is "check your internet".

Guess what, it's not my internet that is the problem.

Please fix this, it is really impacting the user experience (planner and client side)

Karen Janson
    Event Manager
    Macquarie Group Services Australia Pty Ltd

• 21.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Community MVP
    Posted 05-30-2021 23:53
    @Karen Janson

Are the problems when people first register or when they modify their registration? Does this happen when someone modifies the registration in the backend?

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 22.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 05-30-2021 23:57
    Most of the complaints have been coming from the planner team when they go to publish a website or save an email in email designer. 
    I am experiencing it right now when trying to complete a (new) Survey from the client side. I've tried to submit it 6 times now over the last 4 hours and continue to get an error.

Karen Janson
    Event Manager

• 23.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Community MVP
    Posted 05-31-2021 11:33

Karen,
    Everyone are using their own logins?

Steven Schlossman
    BMW Car Club of America

• 24.  RE: Registration errors, error windows?? HELP.

Posted 05-31-2021 17:31
    Hi Steven, 
    Yes we use SSO, so everyone has unique logins.

Karen Janson
    Event Manager