Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Events industry trend forecast 2022

Cvent Staff
    Posted 12-20-2021 11:14
    Edited by Ridhima Krishan 12-20-2021 11:44
    Happy holiday season, everyone! Let's step into this week's Huddle of the Week discussion!

The global events industry is witnessing remarkable growth due partially to the newer modes of organizing events. This year, we saw wide adoption of hybrid events and innovation while engaging the audience during virtual events. Event professionals have become more familiar with their audiences' behavior and know the right technology to make their event lifecycle more efficient.

As we now enter a new year, we would love to know your thoughts on the questions below –
    • What event industry and technology trends do you predict ruling 2022?
    • What area (event registration, post-event stage, engagement, reporting, lead management, etc.) will you focus on while organizing events in 2022?
    • Any accomplishments or learnings you would like to highlight from 2021.

Before we hop on to celebrating the year-end festivities, share your expert opinions with us below and help other members get a sneak peek of what's ahead for all of us! #HuddleoftheWeek #VoiceIt
    ​​​
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #ManagingOn-site
    #ManagingVirtualEvents
    #SourcingaVenue

------------------------------
    Ridhima Krishan
    Sr. Associate, Customer Marketing
    Cvent

• 2.  RE: Events industry trend forecast 2022

User Group Member
    Posted 12-22-2021 17:28
    • What event industry and technology trends do you predict ruling 2022? Hopefully diagramming and seating will become second nature as in-person events grow.
    • What area (event registration, post-event stage, engagement, reporting, lead management, etc.) will you focus on while organizing events in 2022?  Event registration and engagement would be important; the attendee journey is different than it was 2 years ago, go getting them engaged would be paramount.
    • Any accomplishments or learnings you would like to highlight from 2021. As I gained Cvent certifications, it opened my eyes to a vast wealth of knowledge that has been monumental in enriching the attendee's journey.

Mary Ann Hall
    Events Specialst
    Federal Reserve System

• 3.  RE: Events industry trend forecast 2022

Posted 12-23-2021 12:20
    • Hybrid format will continue to be the go-to with continued enhancements. Health and safety protocols will adapt based on the global climate, but still an important consideration as we are not out of the woods any time soon
    • What area (event registration, post-event stage, engagement, reporting, lead management, etc.) will you focus on while organizing events in 2022?
    • We don't have any major events planned for 2022 as of yet, but I think we need to look at event format and how to host a hybrid event successfully
    • Virtual events are still going to be relevant and widely executed, so we continue to refine our process. Focus on engaging content to drive attendance

Bouran Qaddumi
    National Field Trainer
    Cajun Operating Company d/b/a Church's Chicken

• 4.  RE: Events industry trend forecast 2022

Community MVP
    Posted 12-23-2021 14:06
      • I think it's going to be a slower roll to live or hybrid events than we think, and may exclude specific groups of people from attending in person
      • We will be moving to Attendee Hub, so that in itself will keep us busy for a while!
      • While webinars have been great (we have about a 2/3 show rate), marketing is at the mercy of the salespeople to do the follow-up work. We can get them down the funnel, but the buck stops with the sales team. 

Lori Wildman
    Senior Marketing Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Events industry trend forecast 2022

User Group Member
    Posted 12-29-2021 09:48
      • I think we are going to continue to beef up our virtual engagement for external client facing meetings, and also assist with our internal teams as well.
      • Post event surveys are what I'm going to focus on most in 2022. 
      • Keeping engaged! Sharpening my Cvent skills with the complimentary training.

Beth Vriesen
    Associated Bank Corporation

• 6.  RE: Events industry trend forecast 2022

Posted 12-30-2021 17:45
      • I think there will be more quality vs. quantity for our attendees.  We need to get the right people to attend our events and we need to focus on converting them to clients. 
      • We will be just added Attendee Hub to our list of Cvent products.  Super excited to move up our experience to the next level!
      • Webinars have been a lifeline for brand awareness.  We have found that 1 to 1.5 hour webinars are our sweet spot.

Michele Gebrayel
    Corporate Event Manager
    DuCharme, McMillen & Associates, Inc.