Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Variable Fees for an Optional Item?

Posted 01-09-2020 11:24
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has any pointers, I've tried multiple solutions, but nothing is doing the complete job.
    I have an event reg website I'm building, which is normal.  What I've not had before is there is a separate optional class they can sign up to take on a different day.  This optional class has a different capacity limit and is a different fee depending on what credentials they have (RN vs. Physician).  The fees do not match up with the registration types they have to choose from to register (and their associated fees).  Kind of a mind-boggler, but any direction is very appreciated!

Thanks,
    #Classic-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Amanda
    Educational Activity Coordinator
    University Of Rochester

• 2.  RE: Variable Fees for an Optional Item?

Posted 01-09-2020 16:09
    Hi Amanda,

If the optional class a separate admission item or session you can limit which registration type can select it. Under details tab / availability / "Limit which registration types can select this item / attend this session" and choose either the RN or Physician.

Or you can create a path for your registration types and only have the optional class visible on a specific path. 

If the optional class has its own fee then the rest of the fees should match up with the above options. 

Hopefully this helps,

James Rose | Senior Web Developer and Content Management
    Digital Infrastructure, Implementation, Strategy, and Support
    Office of University Development | University of Michigan

• 3.  RE: Variable Fees for an Optional Item?

Posted 01-10-2020 08:59
    Hi James,

Thanks for your thoughts, I had the same ones!  What I was running into though was that the registration types for the event itself were not the same as the categories the optional session was broken into to determine their fee.
    In the end I called Cvent support and they walked me through using custom fields and logic.  I hope to have a bit of time after I finish the website to post to the discussion with the solution to help anyone else in the same predicament. :)

Amanda Gibson
    Educational Activity Coordinator
    University Of Rochester - Center for Experiential Learning