Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Comments for On-Demand Videos

Posted 09-08-2021 12:09

Hello, 

This is my first post to the forums, so thanks in advance for your feedback. 

Background: at our upcoming meeting, we'll be having a mix of live streamed and on-demand video content. For the on-demand content, most of these videos will be individual presentations of research papers.

Question: Does the attendee hub provide an environment/capability for viewers to ask questions of the presenters about their presentation in an asynchronous format? The goal is for viewers to be able to view the video at their convenience, but still be able to leave comments and questions about the video for the author/presenter to respond to and answer as time permits. 

Please let me know your experience and thanks!
    #ManagingVirtualEvents

------------------------------
    Steven Kambouris
    Meetings and Program Manager
    American Fisheries Society

• 2.  RE: Comments for On-Demand Videos

Community MVP
    Posted 09-14-2021 12:12
    Hi Steven,

I think you have to have a Cvent Video Player Live or full collaborative session for Q&A. My recommendation is to add a "questions" question to the Session Survey which the Speaker can see if they run the report in the Speaker Resource Center.

There are settings within CVP-L sessions to set when you can have Q&A enabled. Another thing to keep in mind is that unless there is a moderator to approve the questions, attendees can't view the questions. So even if you CAN enable Q&A for an On Demand session, the attendees won't see the question they just entered. Using On Demand for passive Q&A is not the best viewer experience. 

I'd jump into my own Cvent account and test this with an On Demand test session, but I'm attended Cvent Customer week right now. I hope this helps, at least a little!

Brenda Ainsburg
    Channel Program Manager
    brenda.ainsburg@siemens.com
    Siemens Aktiengesellschaft
    United States