Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can you only send txt messages to invitees or registrants with the Attendee Hub?

• 1.  Can you only send txt messages to invitees or registrants with the Attendee Hub?

Posted 01-08-2022 14:24
    I have an attendee list group that is not good about checking their emails.  We are promoting on facebook and other ways, but wondered about using their phone numbers to be able to txt quickly to the individuals (not group txts), like politicians do.  Would love to send them the event link this way if possible, and possible followups....  This is a special needs group of people and families and they just are not good with email.  Any thoughts?
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents
    #PromotingYourEvent

------------------------------
    Nancy Cullen
    New Hope Vineyard Church

• 2.  RE: Can you only send txt messages to invitees or registrants with the Attendee Hub?

Community MVP
    Posted 01-08-2022 16:29
    Not familiar with the attendee hub but...

I use this to send texts.

I ask for the attendee's mobile number and cellphone carrier. I include, by providing your cell phone carrier you agree to receiving few texts regarding this event. Also a custom contact field formatted for email (I name it
    C-SMS). Export first name, last name, email, mobile, carrier. Using excel I create an email address. 8005551212@example.com in the C-SMS column.  For instance, Verizon would be 8005551212@vtext.com.  Upload it back into the contact records. It has drawbacks that people will get two messages. One email and the other text. And only goes to the invitee. Can't send to the guest.

Steven Schlossman
    Jack of all trades. Master of none.
    BMW Car Club of America