Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Turn off Cancellation Form

Posted 01-20-2020 10:13
    Does anyone know how I can turn off the Cancellation form/survey in Flex?  I have it set that only an Admin can cancel a registration so I don't need a form to be submitted every time we unregister an attendee.  I have found where i can edit the form but I don't see anywhere that I can deactivate it.  We only want the email to be sent and do not want to use the form for all events.  TIA for your help!
    #Flex-Creating/ManagingEvents

------------------------------
    Jennifer
    SA

• 2.  RE: Turn off Cancellation Form

Posted 01-20-2020 10:26
    Hello Jennifer,

According to the knowledge transfer, all you would have to do is remove the cancel button from the confirmation page.

"To display the Cancellation survey, you will need to add the "Cancel Registration" button to the Confirmation page, which can be accessed by going to Website & Registration > Registration > Registration Process, and clicking Customize to the right of the Confirmation page. Once registrant clicks the button to cancel their registration, they will be taken to the Cancellation survey."

Gurgen Grigoryan
    Web Developer and Content Manager
    The Regents of the University of Michigan(Office of Development)

• 3.  RE: Turn off Cancellation Form

Posted 01-28-2020 13:36
    Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that did not work.  What I am trying to stop is when an admin Unregisters or Cancels a registration that it stops opening up the Cancellation form.  We have no reason to use this and I would like to deactivate it.  It does not have an option to delete or deactivate like some other pages.  Any other suggestions? 
    Cancellation Form Options

Jennifer
    SA

• 4.  RE: Turn off Cancellation Form

Posted 01-28-2020 14:10
    You are correct that you cannot disable or delete that page from appearing.
    A possible solution maybe to just delete all of the form fields on the page and then I would add some text to the page stating - "By clicking submit below you will be canceling your registration" Acting as a confirmation that they want to cancel their registration, this isn't to uncommon as far as user experience.

Gurgen Grigoryan
    Web Developer and Content Manager
    The Regents of the University of Michigan(Office of Development)